USAA Mobile Update Will Allow Checks to Be Deposited From iPhone!

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
The Update is Available

Just realized that the update was available. I went ahead and tried it out. Just make sure that you set the check on a background of distinctly different color. (a black background will work great) I tried it on a dark colored desk, but the light above the desk made a white glare on the image because the finish was too shiny, and the app wasn't able to find the edges of the check. I tried it again on a black mousepad, (no glare) and it worked great!

Last edited by a moderator:

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
Downloaded this yesterday and if you're a USAA member, a must have app. You can do almost anything you need to do to your accounts from this app. The check imaging is pretty sensitive, but I would rather that then a mistake being made.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Nice APP but the requirements to do the mobile check deposit are absurd. You must have a credit card or line of credit with them to enjoy this feature. The reason for this is due to the fact that they credit your account immediatey with the deposit. Otherwise, it is really a great APP as far as banking is concerned.

Jun 30, 2009
Cool app. Like it. But me agree with @djwindsor. The requirements to do the mobile check deposit are really so irritating. Anyway using it now & I am happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 27, 2009
Loveland Ohio
Fantastic! Mobile banking is coming and fast! Its a great way for Banks to capture more customers like the Gen Y's etc.
Seriously....when was the last time you actually went INTO a Banking Center?

Thanks USAA for raising the bar!