Usage counters won't work

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
In the setting under Usage it is susposted to show the time since the last full charge in both Usage and Standby times. Mine dosent show anything? Does that mean I don't have a full charge? I get the little power plug icon in the top right when the charge is complete.

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
In the setting under Usage it is susposted to show the time since the last full charge in both Usage and Standby times. Mine dosent show anything? Does that mean I don't have a full charge? I get the little power plug icon in the top right when the charge is complete.
im having the same problem. it used to be working. but today morning it shows nothing...strange..anyone else have this problem?

babingha

Jun 30, 2007
I was having the problem. I charged all night (approximately 6 or so hours) and the counters appear to be working now. Hope this helps!

propedderkustoms

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
If it's not working it means that you have NOT gotten a FULL charge yet. Despite what you may think, the phone is only fully charged once it switches from a lightning bolt to a power plug symbol. Once this appears, your phone has a full charge and the usage counter will start to work.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
If it's not working it means that you have NOT gotten a FULL charge yet. Despite what you may think, the phone is only fully charged once it switches from a lightning bolt to a power plug symbol. Once this appears, your phone has a full charge and the usage counter will start to work.
I'm sorry to disagree, but I DID get the plug symbol after the lightning bolt and still no usage time.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
yup, mine worked at first also but no longer as I ahve been charging it periodically -- not sure i've left it in or a full charge today though

of course just tried to use Edge for teh first time it says Could not activate. You are not subscribed. Now what's up with that? And also still can't send nor receive text messages.

I'm supposedly full activated and the old number is now ported over so i shoudl be good to go, right? All this was finally coomplished by noon today.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Did you reset the phone since you charged it completely? If so, it may have cleared out the counter.

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
When you phone is fully charged (Plug Symbol) unplug it...open the Usage window, and plug it Back in. This should force a usage reset.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
never had this happen to me but I alsways make sure to charge until it is complete, this seems like they only thing that could cause this problem unless it is a software error.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I think this is a bug. I've experienced both sides - usage counters working and not working. Not a big deal though, it's a minor feature.