Usage data on settings not working now?

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
My 3g is jailbroken now though i don't see why that would matter. The last two nights ive charged it fully and the next days it wont record my usage. Its always done it fine in the past. It just has a - on both of them standby and usage. I thought maybe it was my charger i used the wall charger that specifically came with my 3gs but i used my ipod cable cause the other one was in my room. So last night i used the actual 3gS cable and still the same thing. Anyone else have this problem? ive tried rebooting etc. just don't wanna restore now that i finally have a bunch of goodies on it. thanks for reading.

mstier09

Jun 22, 2009
i was having the same issue as well, after the jailbreak i noticed my usage wasn't showing up...

I posted this issue on another iPhone forum and got the response that if you respring the springboard the usage info gets cleared so it won't show up, and that after a full recharge it should come back.

For me this could definitely be the answer because I am sure that I've resprung at least once or twice. Do you think this might be the case for you? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
i was having the same issue as well, after the jailbreak i noticed my usage wasn't showing up...

I posted this issue on another iPhone forum and got the response that if you respring the springboard the usage info gets cleared so it won't show up, and that after a full recharge it should come back.

For me this could definitely be the answer because I am sure that I've resprung at least once or twice. Do you think this might be the case for you? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
thanks for the response, if thats what happens then thats probably the case for sure. Ive been messing with cydia and winterboard constantly lately lol. Ill try not respringing today and see what happens thanks again.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
The same is true if you use sbsettings to reboot or even just shut down your device. I don't remember it doing that when I was on 2.2.1 with my 3G, but I probably wasn't as OCD about usage and battery life then either.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
gotcha thanks guys this sucks i usually respring sb about once a day at least.

partizan

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Milton, Ontario
Mine only gets wiped out if I change something with Winterboard. Just my two cents....

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Mine only gets wiped out if I change something with Winterboard. Just my two cents....
That's cause winterboard resprings to make the changes take effect.