Usage display not minutes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
Does anyone else ever wonder why Apple chooses to display the usage time in Days, Hours, Minutes? I have never seen a mobile service company (AT&T, Verizion, Sprint, etc.) show anything except "minutes". When you sign-up for service you buy a "minutes" plan. It just seems strange to me that Apple choose to display the usage differently. It's a little hard to get used to, it causes another step in that you have to calculate the days or hours to get total minutes. Now don't get me wrong, I can do that but why?
I sent Apple feedback asking if they would offer an option to display the usage in total minutes. Anyone else feel that way?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It displays the usage stats for the phone which has little or nothing to do with the minutes from your plan. I wouldn't expect to see it any other way.

If you need to know about your AT&T plan, you can log on to your AT&T account.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
It displays the usage stats for the phone which has little or nothing to do with the minutes from your plan. I wouldn't expect to see it any other way.

If you need to know about your AT&T plan, you can log on to your AT&T account.
Not true! I am looking at it and it displays three things:
1. Time since last full charge Usage & Standby.
2. Call Time, Current period & Lifetime.
3. Edge network data, sent & received.

Now, the call time current stats are what I am talking about. I reset my ipHone on the day of the month that my service provider resets my usage, so I can track how many "minutes" I have used in that particular billing period. I know how many "minutes I have on my plan and I would think the iPhone should show how many "minutes I've used in that call period. I does show me what I need, however not without a calculation of the hours, days into minutes.

SO There!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Not true! I am looking at it and it displays three things:
1. Time since last full charge Usage & Standby.
2. Call Time, Current period & Lifetime.
3. Edge network data, sent & received.

Now, the call time current stats are what I am talking about. I reset my ipHone on the day of the month that my service provider resets my usage, so I can track how many "minutes" I have used in that particular billing period. I know how many "minutes I have on my plan and I would think the iPhone should show how many "minutes I've used in that call period. I does show me what I need, however not without a calculation of the hours, days into minutes.

SO There!
Not so fast. I for one find it useless since it does not differentiate between peak, off-peak, and M2M usage.

--
Mike

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
Not so fast. I for one find it useless since it does not differentiate between peak, off-peak, and M2M usage.

--
Mike
I never thought about that, but let's at least get it into simple minutes of use.
Guess it wouldn't be of much use unless it's broke down. Oh well so much for that.