Usage goes up in sleep mode, what is running?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ok so my battery life has gone straight to hell the last few days and I just noticed that my usage time is going up even when the phone is in sleep mode. I thought some third party app must be running so I restarted the phone to end all processes but my usage time keeps going up. Is there any way for me to find out what is running or do I just have to restore to get rid of whatever is running when the phone is sleeping?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Do you have any apps that seem like they could be running in the background? And also, do you have a theme on it currently? There was someone else on the forum recently who had a theme that was draining their battery life like crazy.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, install SysInfo. It lists all services/apps runing on your iPhone. a must-have, imo.

Nov 24, 2007
what apps do u have? install SysInfo, also i've had problems with my battery life, but when i turn it on/off i'll have like 50% again.. also install hwinfo, tell u your battery life in %

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Thanks for your help guys. Downloaded Sysinfo, here is what is running after a fresh restart of the phone:

SysInfo
SCHelper
MobileMail
MobilePhone
mediaserverd
navizondaemon
SpringBoard
notifyd
ptpd
update
syslogd
lockdownd
mDNSResponder
iapd
crashreporterd
configd
CommCenter
BTServer
launchd
kernel_task

Anything there look fishy? The one that raises a red flag for me is navizondaemon, but there's a lot on this list I don't know about.

EDIT: Tried to kill navizondaemon and it will not die! Also "SCHelper" doesn't let you bring you bring up the menu to kill it. Very weird.

Nov 24, 2007
Thanks for your help guys. Downloaded Sysinfo, here is what is running after a fresh restart of the phone:

SysInfo
SCHelper
MobileMail
MobilePhone
mediaserverd
navizondaemon
SpringBoard
notifyd
ptpd
update
syslogd
lockdownd
mDNSResponder
iapd
crashreporterd
configd
CommCenter
BTServer
launchd
kernel_task

Anything there look fishy? The one that raises a red flag for me is navizondaemon, but there's a lot on this list I don't know about.

EDIT: Tried to kill navizondaemon and it will not die! Also "SCHelper" doesn't let you bring you bring up the menu to kill it. Very weird.

do u have navizon installed? uninstall it... navizondaemon is the only one i don't have runing

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Macgirl wrote in this thread: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/my-usage-time-is-running-always.19619/

"usage time doesn't have anything to do with how often your phone is set to check email. straight from the iPhone's user guide in the section on Usage Statistics:

- Amount of time iPhone has been unlocked and in use since the last full charge
- Amount of time iPhone has been in standby mode—locked but turned on—since
the last full charge"

Looks like it's normal..as for your battery life decreasing... ah yikes