USB device not recognised

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by srujjjn, Jul 13, 2008.

1. srujjjn

srujjjn New Member

when ever i connect my phone to my computer it sez "USB device not recognised"...n it does not sync wid itunes also....what to do now....i want to restore but i have very important pictures in my camera album how to mak a backup of them....pl help urgently n how to restore?? n actly the labels below the icons are not appearing since a long time
  2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

do you have the latest version of iTunes? How old is your computer? What operating system does it have? have you tried different USB ports and cables?

also, you won't be able to restore until your computer will recognize your iphone.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. srujjjn

srujjjn New Member

bugr no problem with computer....

are there no xperts in this community to guide me through.....

no prob wid usb, computer...sum prob wid fone .. amateurs dont reply...
  5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Plenty of experts around, but no clairvoyants. we need more information to help you.
  6. Fruit & Veg

Fruit & Veg New Member

Can't synch iphone to itunes in windows xp

OK, I'm having the exact same problem.

Running a iPhone 3G (UK on O2, not unlocked) - Windows XP Pro on a PC - iTunes 7.7.1 - iPhone software 2.0 - full battery power

Tried restarting apple mobile service and ipod service.
    I can't connect so I can't upgrade the iphone software to 2.0.2
    USB cable is plugged into the PC not a hub.

I plug in my iphone and it either says usb device not recognised or thinks about it for a bit and then says could not connect because of an invalid response.

It has done this since day one. I have maybe synced twice since I got the phone.

I've searched and read about uninstalling itunes and then getting 7.5 - which I'm highly reluctant to do as it's a massive hassle plus is downgrading 2 versions really the best answer??

Surely there's a better way?
  7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Appstore won't work if you downgrade to 7.5, so i definitely don't recommend that.

The first thing i would try is hooking it up to a different computer. If it does the same thing, i'd take it to Apple, and let them either replace it, or see if they can restore it for you. If it recognizes fine, then that's a whole other story...
  8. Cusca

Cusca Member

9. srose

srose New Member

Hi
    I had a similar problem in Vista. I extracted the Apple Mobile Device Service from the iTunes installation I downloaded of Apple. I used WinRAR to extract it and then removed the Apple Mobile Device Service and installed it again.
  10. beheit

beheit Guest

Practically if you have this kind of problem nothing you can do you need to buy a new IPOHONE because Apple doesn't repair phones instead it throw them which is perfect for the environment (because Apple is red and not green) and it send you a new one for the low low low cost of 250 U$. other wise you need to have an extended warranty plan that cost you 70$ per year.

is this a company that respect their clients or what ?????

Thank you Apple
  11. eoc123

eoc123 New Member

I had the exact same problem. I solved it by changing the USB cable. I might have been using an old iPod cable when I ran into the problem.
  12. RiffRaffMama

RiffRaffMama New Member

I had this same problem and it was driving me insane. I tried the solution posted by eoc123 and it was solved instantly. Get a new cable. Make sure it's genuine. I was trying to use a cheap cable I'd bought overseas and it was just causing problems. All solved now.
  13. nasir.wadood

nasir.wadood New Member

try plugging the usb in the ports on back side of your pc if it didnt worked in front side ports