USB only way to charge my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 28, 2007
This is a strange one... I can only charge my unlocked iPhone with the supplied Apple USB cord. It will charge with the supplied AC adaptor as well. However, it will NOT work with any after market dock to charge the unit. My Bose dock plays music no problem, but will not charge the unit. The strange thing is that it did at one time! I have tried a few after market chargers and NOTHING. I have done a complete restore and reinstalled 1.0.2.

Any ideas?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Not so strange, it was intended that way. I guess I don't understand the problem, perhaps you could explain it better?

Oct 28, 2007
No aftermarket charger will charge my iPhone. I have tried my Bose Sounddock, a DLO 12v charger, and a couple of cheap aftermarket chargers. They will not charge my iPhone. I also have a Nano, and all of these after market chargers will charge the NANO, but not the iPhone. Hope this makes more clear.

Thanks!

Not so strange, it was intended that way. I guess I don't understand the problem, perhaps you could explain it better?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i have an after market charger for my car made by belkin and it charges my phone no prob. it shouldnt matter what charger u use as long as it puts out the right amount of voltage and current

Oct 28, 2007
Went to the radio shack to try a Belkin dock and a 12v charger.... same result... It will not charge. I looked at my DLO charger that changes color when it is connected. It turn green as if the charger thinks the iPhone is fully charged.
Almost ready to give up!

i have an after market charger for my car made by belkin and it charges my phone no prob. it shouldnt matter what charger u use as long as it puts out the right amount of voltage and current

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Try the ones "Made for iPhone", rather than the ones "Made for iPod".

I have found that there is a BIG difference. The equipment specifically made for only iPods rarely work right.

Your phone is normal.