Use as an alarm clock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dallas Phil, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Dallas Phil

Dallas Phil Member
    Bronze

Almost every night I use my iPad as an alarm clock. I have numerous alarm apps that I use while traveling and such. Last night, I plugged in my new iPad and pulled up "Hue-Clock", which looks beautiful by the way. When I went to bed the iPad was charged to 100%. When I woke up, it was at 49%. My iPad 2 would always maintain a 100% charge all night while plugged in. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Don't know...what kind of charger were you using? I have a Griffin Dual Dock and I use my iPad as an alarm clock as well. It charges both my iPhone 4S and my iPad 3 just fine...I awake to both devices charged to 100%.

3. Dallas Phil

Dallas Phil Member
    Bronze

Thanks bigdog. I was using the charger that came with it. I am wondering if I have a battery defect.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sounds like the battery needs to be calibrated. Let it run down to zero and power itself down. That should calibrate it.

5. Dallas Phil

Dallas Phil Member
    Bronze

Thank you. Actually I have it boxed up and am returning it. I just can't tell enough difference between it and my iPad 2 to justify the expense. Appreciate the tip. Have a good day!