Use iPhone 4S like an iPod Touch with Geotagging?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Oscar Lee, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Oscar Lee

Oscar Lee New Member

Hi, I am going on a trip to Eastern Europe soon and would like to know how I can turn off cellular data and any cellular connectivity entirely without sacrificing the phone's geotagging functionality. If I use Airplane mode, the GPS chip will be disabled and I can't geotag photos. If I don't turn it on and only turn off cellular data, I can still make voice calls and receive them.

This is not what I want. I want to not be reachable via my number or make calls. I only want to use the phone as a camera with geotagging.

I used to be able to do this on my old iPhone 4 which was jailbroken. I used SBSettings to turn off the Phone, 3G and EDGE toggles while leaving Location Services on. I want to do this on the iPhone 4S but sadly there isn't any option to turn off the phone functionality.

Any ideas?

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

You could try calling your service provider and have them put a hold on your service. Ask that you do not want to receive phones calls while you're overseas.
    I turned airplane mode on and I still got navigon to work just fine, so did the compass, but I get what you're saying about geotagging your photos.

3. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

if u could use navigon and compass then he could also use it for geo tagging.. Because all of them requires gps which will still be on..

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

You get this when you're on airplane mode. So I don't know.

Attached Files:

5. Razortaz18

Razortaz18 New Member

Remove sim card?