Use iPhone as an alarm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rabitsjag

Sep 8, 2007
i want to have my iPhone wake me up every morning but it seems that i can only use the ringtones to wake me up.......is there a way i can use my songs to wake me up from my iPhone?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
i want to have my iPhone wake me up every morning but it seems that i can only use the ringtones to wake me up.......is there a way i can use my songs to wake me up from my iPhone?

As of right now you can only use the ringtones as an alarm sound. But I guess if you have a ringtone of the song you'd like then at least you get a snippet.

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
If you phone is modded the answer is yes, if not, you're stuck with stock or purchased ringtones.

I have a wondeful little celtic tune that starts of soft and increases in volume, so eventually no matter how hard I'm snoozing it wakes me to a nice jiggy type song. :) Fun way to start the day.

Aug 21, 2007
If you phone is modded the answer is yes, if not, you're stuck with stock or purchased ringtones.

I have a wondeful little celtic tune that starts of soft and increases in volume, so eventually no matter how hard I'm snoozing it wakes me to a nice jiggy type song. :) Fun way to start the day.
I have modded my iPhone, but I don't have any ringtone mods. is it complicated to turn songs into ringtones?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Well. you have to use your brain. The iPhone will play your ringtone until the voicemail picks up. But, if youre not using the phone, the ringtone will play out. So, knowing that, you make a 2:50 min ringtone instead of the normal 25 seconds and when you make that particular ringtone your alarm, it will play out. Job done.:laugh2:

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
:laugh2:exactly. In regards to the alarm I usually throw the iPhone under my pillow, and set the alarm ringtone to "alarm." That way when it starts the alarm goes off I can easily hit the snooze. hahaha.

In addition to the snooze button the "alarm" (aka air-raid siren) ringtone definitely gets my @$$ out of bed every morning.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
:laugh2:exactly. In regards to the alarm I usually throw the iPhone under my pillow, and set the alarm ringtone to "alarm." That way when it starts the alarm goes off I can easily hit the snooze. hahaha.

In addition to the snooze button the "alarm" (aka air-raid siren) ringtone definitely gets my @$$ out of bed every morning.
Haha I do the exact same thing. Put it right under my pillow so it's a lot easier to turn off. Actually, for that reason I set 4 alarms all to go off within 5 minutes of each other. Darn my habits for wanting some quality sleep.

psleda

Oct 18, 2007
alarm doesn't work when the iPhone is closed

I bought my iPhone yesterday end i set an alarm then i closed the iPhone and it woke up but now alarm works only if the iPhone is on..anybody knows the solution?

thanks