Use iPhone as an iPod touch

Cali

Jul 1, 2007
Hi all,
M friend wants an iPhone but doesn't want to transfer her service yet.
My iPhone is jailbroken etc, but I also have att service.
Can I jailbreak her iPhone in a windows pc so that she can use all the other functions of the iPhone.....ipod,internet etc?
What is the best method if she gets 1.1.2?

Thank you,
Cali

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
I believe she can fake activate it for right now unless they patched up the method of using all 9's for your social and then picking the go phone method.

But im not %100 sure, im sure someone else will be here soon to help clarify.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hi all,
M friend wants an iPhone but doesn't want to transfer her service yet.
My iPhone is jailbroken etc, but I also have att service.
Can I jailbreak her iPhone in a windows pc so that she can use all the other functions of the iPhone.....ipod,internet etc?
What is the best method if she gets 1.1.2?

Thank you,
Cali

If You are saying she wants to keep her currant phone and get an iPhone to just use foe music etc, she would still have to activate it but you could do the down grade unlock method.

Sep 29, 2007
couldnt u just activate it using independence to get it out of dfu mode then use it. It won't have signal and u could put it in airplane mode

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I believe she can fake activate it for right now unless they patched up the method of using all 9's for your social and then picking the go phone method.

But im not %100 sure, im sure someone else will be here soon to help clarify.
This all 9 method does not work; it hasn't worked in months.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
oh i didn't know, because i haven't needed to try it nor wanted to. i had just read it in here, my bad for giving old info.

Cali

Jul 1, 2007
Thank you for the replies, but I am confused as to if it can be done or not.

Cali

toygixxer750

Bronze
Dec 22, 2007
Thank you for the replies, but I am confused as to if it can be done or not.

Cali
IT CAN BE DONE! I have a 1.1.2 otb. I've jailbreak it without signing a contract. Now i'm using all the features on the iPhone without the function of the phone.... in another words, i have a iPod touch now:laugh2:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
IT CAN BE DONE! I have a 1.1.2 otb. I've jailbreak it without signing a contract. Now i'm using all the features on the iPhone without the function of the phone.... in another words, i have a iPod touch now:laugh2:

Do tell just how so others can follow your jailbreak success.

toygixxer750

Bronze
Dec 22, 2007
Do tell just how so others can follow your jailbreak success.
the steps from the link on "this is how to jailbreak a 1.1.2 otb phone" thread posted by Chris76.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
the steps from the link on "this is how to jailbreak a 1.1.2 otb phone" thread posted by Chris76.

That thread is about jailbreaking, show me exactly where is says to do that without ACTIVATION. What PAGE PleaSE

I know that thread and it is referenced by me at least 10 times a day.

toygixxer750

Bronze
Dec 22, 2007
That thread is about jailbreaking, show me exactly where is says to do that without ACTIVATION. What PAGE PleaSE

wow, then i don't know what to tell you. I've even posted that it took me about 4 hours that nite to complete it somewhere in that thread. If i know how to post a pic of my iPhone of my proof, l definitedly would. Somehow i was able to "fake" activate my phone, and now i'm using all the features on the iPhone. And if i insert my friend's AT&T sim, it would show AT&T service.

toygixxer750

Bronze
Dec 22, 2007

oh yeah i forgot to mentioned that i've followed through step 3 from http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18284, and found myself stuck..... so i jumped to Chris76's guide to complete it.

josun45

Jan 3, 2008
im also looking to do this w/o having to activate my phone first... any help is appreciated :)

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Anyone know how to do this. I'm hanging up the iPhone for 2 years to save cash for school but I'd still like to use it for everything else, ipod, calc, various apps, etc.

Most of these responses were posted back during much older firmwares and jailbreaking app versions. I'm running 2.2 on the phone.

?

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
I've done it just take out the SIM card and you can use it like the touch. I don't know if you try to sync or anything what that will do though.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
just remove the sim and jailbreak it using quickpwn. it will activate it but just tell you "no sim installed" you can use it just like an ipod touch.