Use iPhone for music and vids only

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sgtoca

Jul 11, 2007
Hope this hasn't been posted if yes please send me a link to the thread. I was wondering if all I want is to use the iPhone as a large screen IPOD and video player, is that possible? I am not interested in having phone service from AT&T. I read that one must activate on Apple website so wondered if this means I must sign up with a data plan or just merely plug it in and use iTunes with it. Thanks for reading:laugh2:

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
Hope this hasn't been posted if yes please send me a link to the thread. I was wondering if all I want is to use the iPhone as a large screen IPOD and video player, is that possible? I am not interested in having phone service from AT&T. I read that one must activate on Apple website so wondered if this means I must sign up with a data plan or just merely plug it in and use iTunes with it. Thanks for reading:laugh2:
Yes, you must activate it first.

blueseame

Jul 11, 2007
Hope this hasn't been posted if yes please send me a link to the thread. I was wondering if all I want is to use the iPhone as a large screen IPOD and video player, is that possible? I am not interested in having phone service from AT&T. I read that one must activate on Apple website so wondered if this means I must sign up with a data plean or just mrely plug it in and use iTunes with it. Thanks for reading:laugh2:
Sure you must sign up first.

platt.

Jun 29, 2007
do a search here, i remember someone posted a thread about activating your iPhone with an software and you don't have to sign up with AT&T.
i believe serveral peoples tried it and it work. good luck.