Use iSight as digital camera and Camcorder

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I would like to take some pictures of my case for these boards, and also thinking about doing some reviews etc. For ease, can I use my isight to take digital still photos that are saved to the HD and also what software are people using to use the isight as a video recorder, so I can possible do some reviews etc?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
On my MacBook Pro's iSight, I use Photo Booth for recording/capturing, and Apple Aperture for editing. That's an in-built iSight, though, so you can't take it anywhere. I'm not sure if you're talking about a USB one.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
DOH! I forgot photobooth. I removed it from my dock. Out of sight out of mind I guess....

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I love the effects you can do with photobooth.

Tarek, is Aperture needed even tho i have adobe stuff?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I love the effects you can do with photobooth.

Tarek, is Aperture needed even tho i have adobe stuff?
I've never really used Adobe Photoshop and the other products but I am pretty sure Adobe is much better. Apple Aperture is just a basic program that can help you edit and organize photos, it's simple and that's why I use it sometimes. I'm neither an expert nor do I have the patience to learn how to use those products. But I am sure if an expert uses Apple Aperture, he can make a lot out of it.