Username or Password for AOL is incorrect

Dascove

Bronze
Jul 17, 2010
As of this morning, my iPhone won't retrieve my email. It keeps popping up a notification saying that the username and/or password are incorrect when they are not. Nothing has fixed it so far. I am not jailbroken, though I was previously. However, I reset as a new phone to get rid of the jailbreak a few days ago.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

DeVante

Bronze
Jul 23, 2010
This same thing is happening to me, for a while there I actually did think that I had the wrong password.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I would say something disparaging about AOL but I won't. That's very bizzare, though. Have you all tried resetting your network settings? And since you set it up as new phone, I'm assuming you've re-added your email service and password...

Dascove

Bronze
Jul 17, 2010
I would say something disparaging about AOL but I won't. That's very bizzare, though. Have you all tried resetting your network settings? And since you set it up as new phone, I'm assuming you've re-added your email service and password...
I've tried everything I could think of. And yes, I restored it Thursday night, and it wasn't until this morning that my email wouldn't work.

Sep 22, 2012
Ozark, Alabama
As of this morning, my iPhone won't retrieve my email. It keeps popping up a notification saying that the username and/or password are incorrect when they are not. Nothing has fixed it so far. I am not jailbroken, though I was previously. However, I reset as a new phone to get rid of the jailbreak a few days ago.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?
I reset the radio on iPhone4S and IPAD2,added a second outgoing mail server and re-entered the new password on my iPhone4S and IPAD2 and Aol mail started working again on both.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Update: Ok, so AOL Mail is completely down. It's not your iPhone. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until they resolve the issue. Since you've found our site, I do hope you'll check out what's happening and bookmark us.

One fix that I've seen is to change your password on AOL's website. Once you do that, go back to your iPhone and enter the new password.
  1. Navigate to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  2. Tap on your AOL account
  3. Tap on Account
  4. Select the password field and enter your new password
If you are experiencing this problem, please try this fix and let me know how it works for you. To post, you'll need to become a member here at everythingiCafe, which is entirely free.

Last edited: