Users experiencing page rendering issues

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
There seems to be an issue whereby the site will not render the CSS (style sheets). That makes things look pretty, so when it doesn't render, it looks incredibly broken. I've been investigating the issue and found that other forums (not mine) have the same problem. They've narrowed the problem down to server side software. Which conincidentally is software I purchased to improve the speed and overall experience here at eiC. Anyway, the trouble now is finding a patch. I'm actively pursuing the issue and hope to have some sort of solution in the not so distant future.

If you see the ugly, force refresh to render the page. This fix isn't pretty, but either is the poorly rendered page.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This is happening to me a lot more frequently than it used to. Refreshing doesn't always help. I actually had to get off my iMac (Chrome) right now and load this up on my iPhone to reply. The rendering errors were so bad it wouldn't let me reply on my Mac. I kept getting errors.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
It was bad off and on a couple days ago for me, but today has been trouble free so far on my MBP and Chrome.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Awaiting a response on a fix. If I don't get one, I'm going to switch software on the server. Either way, my goal is to have this fixed by Monday at the latest.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
Yeah this is at least a once a day thing for me and it takes a while (5-20 minutes ) to start functioning normally again. I thought it was chrome because when it happens I just load it in Safari and everything is ok, but then the other day it happened in Safari as well...