Using $100 iPhone credit for iTunes purchases?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bmac080

Sep 16, 2007
I was wondering if there was any way to use your Apple credit in the iTunes store, or convert the credit?

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
There have been LOTS of threads on this. The best way is to buy iTunes gift cards with your credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 15, 2007
www.submissiveophelia.com
You cannot buy iTunes gift cards with your credit. I was just on the Apple web site five minutes ago, and it is not possible.

Maybe this is something a few people did and Apple did not catch on right away, but it is not possible to get the gift cards with your credit-at least for me it was not possible!

Last edited by a moderator:

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You cannot buy iTunes gift cards with your credit. I was just on the Apple web site five minutes ago, and it is not possible.

Maybe this is something a few people did and Apple did not catch on right away, but it is not possible to get the gift cards with your credit-at least for me it was not possible!
You guys need to do searches on this stuff man - it's been a well known fact for two days now that all you need to do is order (2) iTunes gusft cards and have them MAILED to you via snail mail - not via email and it works fine. There are many of us (including yours truly) that have it en route as we speak. :cool:

Jul 15, 2007
Yes. When attempting to order it was ordering delivery via snail mail. Duh! It does not work.

You guys need to do searches on this stuff man - it's been a well known fact for two days now that all you need to do is order (2) iTunes gusft cards and have them MAILED to you via snail mail - not via email and it works fine. There are many of us (including yours truly) that have it en route as we speak. :cool:

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
Yes. When attempting to order it was ordering delivery via snail mail. Duh! It does not work.
Can you say what you mean by 'It does not work'.
Did you receive a message telling you explicitly that you could not use the credit to pay for the card? Was that after you clicked on the change payment method button? Did you get as far as entering the credit number and the PIN?

I ordered four RED iTunes Gift Cards with my credit just last night. I had to disable my credit card info on the Apple Store Check-out before it applied the credit on the order.

gkreed

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I ordered two $50 cards at 12:18 this morning with my $100 credit. I choose Gift card by mail, not Gift certificate by email - that's the difference. It really should work for you. I have seen numerous people who have done this - that's how I found out how to do it.

Bmac080

Sep 16, 2007
I ordered two $50 cards at 12:18 this morning with my $100 credit. I choose Gift card by mail, not Gift certificate by email - that's the difference. It really should work for you. I have seen numerous people who have done this - that's how I found out how to do it.

yeah I figured this out after spending wasted time trying to order a certificate, hope it comes soon so i can get some movies and try out the ringtones feature

and sorry about not searching, still new to the forums, but maybee the way to do this should be a sticky as it seems to be a problem quite a few people are having

Jul 27, 2007
OK, I'm starting to wonder if they have changed things... but I just went through the checkout process to the point where you can enter a gift card, and it doesn't stop me. I don't have my gift card number handy, so I can't check past there (and I've already used it, so it shouldn't work anyway)... I don't get any message saying I can't use a gift card, though. Here's what I'm doing...

• Bottom left, under Gift Center, click iTunes Gift Cards
  • To the right, under Gift card by mail, click Select
  • Choose a style. Scroll down for the product RED one, if you want.
  • Choose a quantity. For the math impaired, try 2 $50 cards, or 4 $25 cards.
  • Add to Cart
  • Scroll right, if necessary, and Check out now
  • Sign in
  • Scroll down roughly half way. To the left, under Payment Method, click Change payment method
  • If you have a stored credit card, enter its security code.
  • Scroll down to Apple Store Credit or Apple Gift Card and enter your credit number and PIN.
  • Scroll down (or up) and select Continue

That's about as far as I can get without another credit number and pin, but it does let me enter numbers into the fields... maybe they're blocking it later in the checkout process? I hope mine ship...

Jul 15, 2007
Ok folks,

since i was pounced on a lil bit...lemme give an update:
-i was finally able to purchase a gift card.

thank goodness!

it is a lil tricky, but it did end up working!

thanks guys!

OK, I'm starting to wonder if they have changed things... but I just went through the checkout process to the point where you can enter a gift card, and it doesn't stop me. I don't have my gift card number handy, so I can't check past there (and I've already used it, so it shouldn't work anyway)... I don't get any message saying I can't use a gift card, though. Here's what I'm doing...
  • Bottom left, under Gift Center, click iTunes Gift Cards
  • To the right, under Gift card by mail, click Select
  • Choose a style. Scroll down for the product RED one, if you want.
  • Choose a quantity. For the math impaired, try 2 $50 cards, or 4 $25 cards.
  • Add to Cart
  • Scroll right, if necessary, and Check out now
  • Sign in
  • Scroll down roughly half way. To the left, under Payment Method, click Change payment method
  • If you have a stored credit card, enter its security code.
  • Scroll down to Apple Store Credit or Apple Gift Card and enter your credit number and PIN.
  • Scroll down (or up) and select Continue
That's about as far as I can get without another credit number and pin, but it does let me enter numbers into the fields... maybe they're blocking it later in the checkout process? I hope mine ship...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Ok folks,

thank goodness!

thanks guys!
Don't feel pounced on, some of the people that beat you over the head, swore in other post's that music could not be purchased with the credit. Did I hear someone say MotherTucker?:sick:

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Relax killer - that was like in the first hour it was going down - it wasn't common knowledge yet that you could get it through the mail. I was upset at the time because I had spent three hoours putting together a wish list.

I sensed a bit of hostility in her original "no way can't happen" post so I felt she needed to put in check a bit - no big deal.

Jul 27, 2007

thank goodness!

thanks guys!
Glad to hear it! Now just make sure you spend it on quality music! (or movies. Whatever.) :)

(Now I can stop worrying that Apple decided to block gift cards and mine won't ship.)
(Ah, who am I kidding; I'll keep worrying until they do ship.)

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
I was thinking about doing this, but i never used iTunes to buy any thing yet. I just upload my own music, or download free podcast. I Wonder if i would even use 100 bucks worth of iTunes.

But then again what else would i get, Apple doesn't have many accessories for the iPhone. And i don't own any thing else that is Apple.

Maybe ill put it towards a Nano i was going to buy my Girlfriend.
That seems like a good idea.

Jul 15, 2007
:::::smiles:::

yes, i am a little worried about the cards....until it actually gets to my door. then, i will believe it is a great thing to receive it! ;)

Glad to hear it! Now just make sure you spend it on quality music! (or movies. Whatever.) :)

(Now I can stop worrying that Apple decided to block gift cards and mine won't ship.)
(Ah, who am I kidding; I'll keep worrying until they do ship.)

BegginJM

Jul 24, 2007
Upstate, SC
Orderd mine today too. No problem. Shipped today too. I had already bought all of the accessories that I need and have 3 gen 5 iPods and an iPhone. No problem putting the iTunes gift cards to good use here!