using 2G as an iPod touch with deactivated SIM?

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Is there any way to upgrade a 2G iPhone to the 2.1 using a deactivated SIM card, so that I can use it as an iPod touch? Mind you, paid full price for that 2G! I just want to be able to still get good use out of it and add some apps to it.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Thanks. That's what I figured. I went with QuickPwn and it did the trick.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
In my case, I tried WinPwn, but couldn't get it to work. So I then went to QuickPwn, and had no problem at all. As for the unlocking, I wasn't trying to unlock it, so I don't recall if there was a check off about unlocking (while I was doing the jailbreak process), but I remember reading somewhere that it can unlock the 2G but not 3G. I'm not sure though.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Well I am definitely happy with it since it worked, and no qualms with you being happy with the one that has worked for you! This was my first attempt to jailbreak, and despite WinPwn not working out for me for whatever reason, it sure was easy with QuickPwn. I read instructions on someone's website (forget which), made sure to have the file I needed, and it was a snap.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I just downloaded QuickPwn and have a guide from iClarified on Bookmark;)
-And a few youtube videos on hand just to make sure I get my SSH and Mobile Installation working correctly :)