Using a gift card to buy iPhone 3GS?

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I'm trying to buy the iPhone 3GS on the Apple online store now. I entered in my gift card and clicked "check balance" and it said $32.85. But then when I went to the final checkout page it didn't subtract the balance from my total. Am I doing something wrong, or can we not use gift cards towards the iPhone 3GS?

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
When I reserved my 3G S all i had was the cash from my 3G I just sold. You cannot buy an iPhone with cash from Apple or AT&T. I got a gift card for the exact amount of the phone and thats what I will pay with. Maybe you should take it to an Apple store if you have one near or call them

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I'm trying to buy the iPhone 3GS on the Apple online store now. I entered in my gift card and clicked "check balance" and it said $32.85. But then when I went to the final checkout page it didn't subtract the balance from my total. Am I doing something wrong, or can we not use gift cards towards the iPhone 3GS?

I just called Apple and they got the gift card to work. Now I can't wait 'till Friday! :laugh2: