Using an air card with iPad?

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
Well she really doesn't wanna spend $180 on equipment

The laptop sees the connection so theres no real way besides buying this cradle to use that connection for a wifi connection for the iPad :(

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska

The laptop sees the connection so theres no real way besides buying this cradle to use that connection for a wifi connection for the iPad :(
Look at Conectify software for the Laptop. Should create WiFi for iPad.

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
I had a Verizon aircard but was able to change that for a mifi router thingy - about the size of five credit cards stacked together. There might be some cost involved because this was an upgrade. Same monthly cost.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

If you could, post up the model number of your aircard. maybe i'm misunderstanding what kind of device you have.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yeah, there's no way to use that with an iPad without purchasing additional equipment or using a computer to share the connection.

nan47

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
Ok guys -- another mom with an aircard and an iPad. I downloaded and installed connectify but it says my Dell Wireless Manager or my ATT aircard may be keeping me from setting up the hotspot. Any suggestions as to how to fix? Or do I need the Pro version of connectify?