Using Boss Tool to relocate apps, free up space

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I installed Boss Tool on my phone and I check my free space from time to time. It says that u can relocate apps to free up space. Does anyone have a step by step way to do this. My wife accidentally relocated her apps on her iPod touch;and couldn't get them back. She ended up having to resore, which killed her jailbreak. I don't want my iPhone to fall prey to the same fate. Plus my phone keeps saying "you are running out of disk space. Delete pictures or videos."I delete a helluva lot of both and my disk space didn't change. Now 'm CONFUSED

S

Starry

I installed Boss Tool on my phone and I check my free space from time to time. It says that u can relocate apps to free up space. Does anyone have a step by step way to do this. My wife accidentally relocated her apps on her iPod touch;and couldn't get them back. She ended up having to resore, which killed her jailbreak. I don't want my iPhone to fall prey to the same fate. Plus my phone keeps saying "you are running out of disk space. Delete pictures or videos."I delete a helluva lot of both and my disk space didn't change. Now 'm CONFUSED
Thanks for posting this question.. I have no photos on my phone under the Photo area, I do have photos under my contacts and I have 301 Contacts in my phone (Don't know the limit) but I get the same error message but when I go to iTunes it says I have 6gb free.. I don't get it!

i'm anxious to see the replies :)

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The reason you guys are getting this message are because when a phone is jailbroken the programs you install go into the operating system partition which is very small in size. The music partition is very large. There is a means to move your applications to the music partition but it is not simple. I will try to find the link that has the step by step process for you.
As you install more programs you run out of operating system room and that is why you are seeing that message no matter how many songs or videos you delete.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
They say u have 300mb of OS space and 7440mb available for media and other things. I'm trying to find out how to safely move them to free up space. If there is an answer out there, I can get it from here. These guys are amazing.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Thanks for posting this question.. I have no photos on my phone under the Photo area, I do have photos under my contacts and I have 301 Contacts in my phone (Don't know the limit) but I get the same error message but when I go to iTunes it says I have 6gb free.. I don't get it!

i'm anxious to see the replies :)
Good lord! 301 contacts? That's quite a few people.

- John

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I installed BossTool today, and it ran smooth! I started by moving my
wallpapers, then the ringtones, and at last the apps...no probs,
only a lot of free space! :) But you cant undo these moves, so be
sure what you do....and READ THE INFO/ABOUT before installing/use
the BossTool!