Using Hotmail in iPhone, is it possible

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Hotmail is web based email so you have to use Safari to retrieve your email...unless you want to pay for the premium service which would then allow you to access it through the mail application.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
but hotmail is truly horrible! Gmail, aol or yahoo are much better solutions that all fall into the 'well, at least it doesn't cost anything' category. And these all offer a service that works in iPhone

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
you could try...

you could forward all your hotmail to a gmail account, so that it would pop up on your iPhone when you set that up. just go under settings

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Screw Hotmail

I had a Hotmail account as my main email for several years. After getting an iPhone, I decided to switch to Yahoo so I can easily access my email. It took some time, but I used the "vacation reply" feature on Hotmail to tell people sending me email that I switched to Yahoo. I am so glad I made that decision. I found it hard to even access my hotmail account through Safari, which was BS. Trust me, it may take a little work, but switching to Yahoo/Gmail will make your life easier.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I had a Hotmail account as my main email for several years. After getting an iPhone, I decided to switch to Yahoo so I can easily access my email. It took some time, but I used the "vacation reply" feature on Hotmail to tell people sending me email that I switched to Yahoo. I am so glad I made that decision. I found it hard to even access my hotmail account through Safari, which was BS. Trust me, it may take a little work, but switching to Yahoo/Gmail will make your life easier.
That's true. I have had hotmail for YEARS. I use gmail and yahoo, but I hung on to my hotmail for junk emails and random things. I'm in my final days of hotmail now. I'd recommend gmail or yahoo, with my preference being gmail.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I use hotmail for all my fun-time crap. That's the email all the worthless junk goes to. I use gmail for businesss and really prefer for it NOT to be overrun with the horseshit that gets sent to people by the bulk. Gmail is the iPhones default mail setup and to get hotmail, I just bookmark the site and go to it through safari.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hi

Is it possible to set up to receive your hotmail emails on iPhone ?

bazza:oops:
If like me you don't want to play the whole "forward to another email address" game, just sign up with ezymail.com. It's $20/year and it allows you to set uo your hotmail account as pop or imap. It works great for me. I hate having to pay for stuffs like that but after doing extensive research and trying out the service for a month (free), i realized the $20 investment was totally worth it

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
If like me you don't want to play the whole "forward to another email address" game, just sign up with ezymail.com. It's $20/year and it allows you to set uo your hotmail account as pop or imap. It works great for me. I hate having to pay for stuffs like that but after doing extensive research and trying out the service for a month (free), i realized the $20 investment was totally worth it
I couldn't agree more. Email is a costly service to provide. Anyone who provides it for free is:

• cutting corners for their own benefit - rather than that of the customer
  • raiding your personal address book
  • stealing your private information for marketing purposes
  • hammering you with unwanted advertising

NickB

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
I just forward my Hotmail to my Yahoo account and it works perfect with my iPhone
How did you get hotmail to forward to yahoo? I tried, and it said hotmail can only forward to hotmail, msn, or live accounts :mad: Did you have to upgrade to the "premium" hotmail?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
How did you get hotmail to forward to yahoo? I tried, and it said hotmail can only forward to hotmail, msn, or live accounts :mad: Did you have to upgrade to the "premium" hotmail?
If you're gonna pay $20 for hotmail premium, you might as well use izymail to get hotmail emails on your iPhone (or outlook) without having to redirect to another email address. To me redirecting an email address should just be temporary. If you're a pretty heavy email user as I am, you don't want to redirect your emails and take the risk to confuse people you email by showing up with 2 different email addies.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
If you're gonna pay $20 for hotmail premium, you might as well use izymail to get hotmail emails on your iPhone (or outlook) without having to redirect to another email address. To me redirecting an email address should just be temporary. If you're a pretty heavy email user as I am, you don't want to redirect your emails and take the risk to confuse people you email by showing up with 2 different email addies.
even the premium accounts do not allow imap access or pop3 access. AFAIK, according to another member here (in one of the 100's of hotmail posts) they paid and MS emailed them saying they longer offer that service...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
That's true. I have had hotmail for YEARS. I use gmail and yahoo, but I hung on to my hotmail for junk emails and random things. I'm in my final days of hotmail now. I'd recommend gmail or yahoo, with my preference being gmail.
ditto. word for word.