Using iPad overseas

Linda

May 17, 2011
Traveling from Australia to say Europe or US are there many problems using IPad. I have a 64g 3G model?
Do I have to get International roaming like you do with the phone? And does that cover email?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You will need international roaming or pick up a local sim card but make sure your iPad is unlocked to that carrier.

If you have roaming it will cover all data.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
You will need international roaming or pick up a local sim card but make sure your iPad is unlocked to that carrier.

If you have roaming it will cover all data.
It depends how long you stay and on your carrier. It is almost always cheaper for me to get a prepaid sim from a local carrier.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
It depends how long you stay and on your carrier. It is almost always cheaper for me to get a prepaid sim from a local carrier.
There are no such thing as prepaid sims for iPad AFAIK, you have to sign up for at least 30 days IIRC.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
There are no such thing as prepaid sims for iPad AFAIK, you have to sign up for at least 30 days IIRC.
Unless you cut your own uSIM. The ipad really shouldn't be using a uSIM.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You can get a PAYGO SIM for an iPad 3G. My mum has one ;)

PeteSoh

Sep 10, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
I've got a question here .....am from Spore & goin for holiday in e UK & considering bring along qn ipad for use there...would I be able to procure a prepaid #G card in e UK that will fit e Pad ?

Thanks !

Sep 12, 2012
I got an international Data plan from ATT. You can actually do it direct from your Ipad. Just go to Cellular Data and ADD DATA PLAN. You will see the International Plan Tab!