using iPhone in car with MP3/aux input

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Hey guys,
I'm getting a new car on Monday and it has an mp3/aux jack.

This may be a rudimentary question, but what do I need (what cable or adaptor) to be able to play music through my car speakers?

Thanks!
Scott

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Hey guys,

This may be a rudimentary question, but what do I need (what cable or adaptor) to be able to play music through my car speakers?

Thanks!
Scott
Just use a standard 3.5mm cable. One end to your headphone jack and the other to the aux input. If you have a V1 iPhone, you will need to get an adapter.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I have a jvc avx800 in dash DVD player with a aftermarket iPod cable does anyone know what I need to play my iPhone on in bc it says I must put it in airplane mode but I want to use pandora

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Just use a standard 3.5mm cable. One end to your headphone jack and the other to the aux input. If you have a V1 iPhone, you will need to get an adapter.
Thanks...yeah I have a V1 and I have an adaptor. I've just never seen a 3.5mm male to male cable - I presume Radio Shack sells them? I use a 3.5mm cable like this to run my iPhone through my PA system:

So they make a cable like this that's just a single male to male and not a "Y"?

Thanks!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Scott
Here's the Monster icable I use. I got it from Radio Shack:

iCableforCar3.jpg

Here's the adapter I use for my V1 (Seidio):

Seidio Adapter.jpg

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Thank you, sir!

Can't wait to finally be able to use my iPhone with my car. I'm getting a 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Monday.:laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, you can get that cable at any radio shack. Don't spend extra for "Monster" or other expensive brands. For something like that, go cheap.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Yeah, you can get that cable at any radio shack. Don't spend extra for "Monster" or other expensive brands. For something like that, go cheap.
Good deal - I hear you on that. I've already got an adaptor. Now I just need to find that sucker...:)

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
for a V1 I use my dock in the car to go from 3.5 to 3.5.

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
Glad I found this thread. I plan on picking one of these up for my car.

BTW you don't have to put in airplane mode, but it will start playing the iPod when you hook it up with the adapter like that. You will need the cable to play Pandora.