Using iPhone SIM In Different Phone

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I know it's possible to take the SIM card out of my iPhone and use it in a different phone but my question is about the data and text message charges. If I use the SIM card in my RAZR V3XX can I still have unlimited internet or will I get charged when I use it to get on the internet and text? Before I bought my iPhone I didn't have any internet or text messaging service on my RAZR phone.
Also, the iPhone doesn't take advantage of 3G but my RAZR did. I noticed that my iPhones SIM card is a 3G card. If I put it in my RAZR can I use 3G?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
I know it's possible to take the SIM card out of my iPhone and use it in a different phone but my question is about the data and text message charges. If I use the SIM card in my RAZR V3XX can I still have unlimited internet or will I get charged when I use it to get on the internet and text? Before I bought my iPhone I didn't have any internet or text messaging service on my RAZR phone.
Also, the iPhone doesn't take advantage of 3G but my RAZR did. I noticed that my iPhones SIM card is a 3G card. If I put it in my RAZR can I use 3G?
what ever plan you have is on your sim. what phone the sim is in makes no diff on your charges, sms wont cost extra and you will still have unlimited data. and yes, if your razr is 3g enabled then you will access 3g data provided there is 3g coverage in your area

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
That's great to hear. I get 3G here where I live. I'll have to check it out and see the speed difference between Edge and 3G.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
That's great to hear. I get 3G here where I live. I'll have to check it out and see the speed difference between Edge and 3G.
3g is great. my dad has a flybook, which is a tiny lap top that he uses for traveling, and you can put your sim card in it to access data. its just as good as a wifi connection. after all 3g does stand for 3gb/s

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
3g is great. my dad has a flybook, which is a tiny lap top that he uses for traveling, and you can put your sim card in it to access data. its just as good as a wifi connection. after all 3g does stand for 3gb/s
3G is short for third generation.

snowgirl

Nov 25, 2007
3gb/s....i would cry...all day long

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
3g has speeds up to 3.6g/s. That doesn't mean your Internet connection is that fast, because websites don't even supply that kind of bandwidth. 3g allows you get online (even load multiple pages) and still be able to talk on the phone at the same time because it has such a large data transfer rate