Using iPhone with new Mac...

iNick

Oct 7, 2007
Sydney - Australia
Has anyone used the phone with a new Mac?

I'm thinking of buying a Mac next week and i'm wondering if it's going to lock the phone..

Of course if it has iTunes 7.4 i'll uninstall and install 7.3...

Thanks

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
Has anyone used the phone with a new Mac?

I'm thinking of buying a Mac next week and i'm wondering if it's going to lock the phone..

Of course if it has iTunes 7.4 i'll uninstall and install 7.3...

Thanks

I just bought a new iMac the other day and synced it up and worked without any issues... I downgraded iTunes to 7.4.0 and not the latest....

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes im saving up.. im going to sell my imac [ the power pc one] and my ibook g4 to buy the macbook pro.. not sure when im doing this selling but i hope that it is soon.. i really wanna get my hands on that macbook pro!

i am to filled with envy now

DDDRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I've been a PC user since the days of booting DOS from a floppy, but I have to admit that the Macbook Pro looks really nice. I took a look at the MacBook Pro since there aren't too many PC laptop manufacturers that I would buy from again. I've had various issues with HP, IBM and Sony. The price isn't near as bad as I expected. It is similar to a comparably equipped Toshiba or Dell. You just don't get some of the nice extras such as a multi-card reader.

I need to start checking out the Mac forums to see how well VMWare and dual boot works on these. I also need to see if there are any problems interfacing with Canon cameras or USB multi-card readers.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Not too current, but I have a powerbook G4 model and have never had any issues with multi-readers or canon products. Canon really seems to know what they are doing and works very well and reliably on the laptop. I would assume that this trend would continue since most new cameras are on board with Apple hardware.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
im actually about ot buy a Macbook pro also....4gigs ram 160 gb storage....i do graphic design work and with adobe all the extra ram will help plus i got a 500gb external hard drive that works with pc and mac so ill be able to go back and forth and don't really need the extra storage....anything i should know before i jump into this $3,000 investment?

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Specifications[/FONT]

• 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
  • 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
  • SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
  • Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
  • Accessory Kit
  • AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro (w/or w/o Display) - Auto-enroll
$3,168.00 + tax (with student discount)

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
How can anyone using an iPhone not automatically want a Mac. I have been a Mac users for years and I would never buy anything from the hack company known as Microsoft. These people don't innovate, they steal every idea from someone else (often Apple) and then sell it as if they actually invented it. Once you use a Mac, deal with Apple Care, or just see how beautiful everything they create is, you will NEVER go back.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
im actually about ot buy a Macbook pro also....4gigs ram 160 gb storage....i do graphic design work and with adobe all the extra ram will help plus i got a 500gb external hard drive that works with pc and mac so ill be able to go back and forth and don't really need the extra storage....anything i should know before i jump into this $3,000 investment?

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Specifications[/FONT]

• Accessory Kit
Don't rely on using a drive between Windows and Mac. While Mac can read and write to any file structure, windows cannot read Apple formatted drives. They don't even recognize them. Best to partition it and don't expect much help from the PC world as usual.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007

• Accessory Kit
Rumors of a thinner, lighter MacBook Pro is right around the corner. But who wants to wait for a rumor? I love my almost-a-year-old 17" MacBook Pro! Running Final Cut Pro , Pro Tools LE, etc. And of course using SSH (Cyberduck) to mod my iPhone to death!

Go for it and have fun, fun, fun! Once you buy that Mac, you'll most likely never go back! :D