using itrip or other FM transm with iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
I have an iTrip device (those small ones that plug under that ipod and use the ipod battery)

if I plug that into the iPhone the iPhone shows a message saying "this device is not intended for use with the iPhone, do you want to turn on airplane mode to eliminate interference bla bla" if I press yes and then play music, it plays perfectly in my cars FM radio the way my ipod did.

I just had a question, are there any concecuences from using this on the iPhone? (other than the obvious fact that the battery is going to run out sooner) or is my phone perfectly safe? I guess I mean that if by using this for a while my iPhone is gona eventually screw up or something

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
The answer seems to be quite arbitrary as some posters here have reported complete failure of the phone when plugging it into the iTrip. Check out some of the threads regarding the use of the iTrip with iPhone in the accessories section of this board.

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
The answer seems to be quite arbitrary as some posters here have reported complete failure of the phone when plugging it into the iTrip. Check out some of the threads regarding the use of the iTrip with iPhone in the accessories section of this board.

thank you my man I will do just that, mine seems to work just well