Using iTunes on a Mac vs. Windows: Benefits?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, I don't think there any productivity benefits, but I sure like the design better.

Sure, it's similar, but the Mac version has Mac-like buttons and the windows version does not. I like Mac buttons.

- John

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I am PC, but I know for a fact that syncing to a Mac is better, because mac has more built-in apps that work better for the iPhone.
very true. There are loads of posts here about problems synchronizing stuff from outlook and other windows apps and even with iTunes itself on windows.
with a mac the iPhone 'just works'.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
I'm having sort of the same dilemma. I have Office for Mac and Office for Windows on my Mac Air (running Bootcamp).

If I open iTunes on the Windows side I have the option to sync with Outlook so why can't I sync with Office for Mac Outlook when I open iTunes on the Mac side? It only gives me the option of syncing with iCal.

Am I doing something wrong or am I going to have to scrap Office for Mac and just install iTunes on the Windows side? I'm trying to get all this figured out before installing Parallels.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Shouldn't you be able to do it from either - or both - my just directing each iTunes program to the same Library?

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
I'm not understanding what you're saying. When I open iTunes in Windows and click on INFO it lets me sync my calendars with OUTLOOK but when I open iTunes in Mac it only lets me sync with iCal and no other choices.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Oh, I understand. I haven't encountered that dilemma as I sync both of those programs with MobileMe and not iTunes, so I can't answer your question. Except to say that perhaps the introduction of iCloud this Fall will solve your issue. I believe everything else syncs to the iTunes Library, which I keep on my Mac Drive. I can then direct iTunes on the Windows Drive to that same Library on the Mac 1/2 of the drive.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Thanks. Unless I hear differently from anyone here my next step is to delete Office for Mac and install Office for
Windows on the Windows side and just use it over there. I've got everything in Office and I even purchased Office for Mac to give it a whirl but if I can't get it to sync with iTunes then it's gone!

I also bought iWorks so I'll start to learn to use that in Mac and just use Outlook in Windows for my iTunes info.

I'll be back with updates....