Using more than one Beatmaker kit?

srose

Bronze
Jun 10, 2008
Hi
In Beatmaker is there any way of using more than one kit so that I can use one kit and then put samples into the sequencer then load a new kit such as 'drum and bass' to add backing for it?

Or is it limited to only being able to use one kit per song?

Thanks

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
no you cant but what you can do everything you want in one kit then save it and upload it to your comp then create your own kit and just add the sample you just made as one of the pads so when you open the kit on beatmaker one of the pads as your whole sequence you just made and you can use the otehrs to add on to it

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
Hi
In Beatmaker is there any way of using more than one kit so that I can use one kit and then put samples into the sequencer then load a new kit such as 'drum and bass' to add backing for it?

Or is it limited to only being able to use one kit per song?

Thanks
I had a bit of trouble following that method proposed by the above poster but I'm sure it's quite helpful. However, if I'm understanding your question then YES you can do something that will give you more flexibility.

If you're not using all 16 samples from the current kit, go the "Pads" screen and find a pad that you don't currently have active/don't plan to have active in your sequence. Click on the pad you're wanting to replace and then click "Edit." You'll see an option for "Load Sample" towards the bottom-left. Click that and it will allow you to browse all of your kits and samples. Go into "Drums & Bass" and find the sample you'd like (you can demo the sample once you've highlighted it by clicking on the icon/picture on the right). Once you've found a sample that suits your needs just hit "Ok" and it will put it in the spot that was previously occupied by the sample you didn't want/need.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can clarify at all.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I had a bit of trouble following that method proposed by the above poster but I'm sure it's quite helpful. However, if I'm understanding your question then YES you can do something that will give you more flexibility.

If you're not using all 16 samples from the current kit, go the "Pads" screen and find a pad that you don't currently have active/don't plan to have active in your sequence. Click on the pad you're wanting to replace and then click "Edit." You'll see an option for "Load Sample" towards the bottom-left. Click that and it will allow you to browse all of your kits and samples. Go into "Drums & Bass" and find the sample you'd like (you can demo the sample once you've highlighted it by clicking on the icon/picture on the right). Once you've found a sample that suits your needs just hit "Ok" and it will put it in the spot that was previously occupied by the sample you didn't want/need.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can clarify at all.
thats even better then what i said but insted of adding the sample youd like add your sequence you made to that one pad and thats pretty much what i was saying before but this ways much easier i proboly didn't explain it well because iv never tried it i just read someone explain it on another forum

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
thats even better then what i said but insted of adding the sample youd like add your sequence you made to that one pad and thats pretty much what i was saying before but this ways much easier i proboly didn't explain it well because iv never tried it i just read someone explain it on another forum
Actually I get what you're saying now and that helped me out a ton. My method might be easier but yours allows for less pads to be used giving you even more freedom. I've been worried about what I'll do when I have used all 16 pads and haven't completed my masterpiece haha.