using old v1 with no data?

shawndre

Sep 16, 2007
I just got a a 3g iPhone. my sister wants my v1 iPhone but does not want to pay for the data plan. will the phone work without it? can she just put in here sim and it will work? I don't want her to get charged for using edge.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I just got a a 3g iPhone. my sister wants my v1 iPhone but does not want to pay for the data plan. will the phone work without it? can she just put in here sim and it will work? I don't want her to get charged for using edge.
should be possible if you unlock the V1 iPhone first.

If it has 1.1.4 firmware still there are a bunch of ways to do it, if yo upgraded it to 2.0 firmware then you'll need to wait until the unlock method is posted.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
She'll be charged $.01/Kb every time she checks the weather or her mail when she's not on wifi. The $20 iPhone data plan is a bargain compared to the new version.

shawndre

Sep 16, 2007
yeah the 20 data plan is cool but they said it isn't available anymore and she would have to pay 30!

shawndre

Sep 16, 2007
yup thats what they told me. its cool, i figured it out now. i downloaded bossprefs on installer. you can disable edge with that app