Using the Auto Correct Feature While Texting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Besides having Auto Correct enabled, is there anything else you have to do in order for it to be effective ? When I'm texting, it doesn't seem to be very intuitive, in my opinion. For instance when I start typing the word "Wednesday" it never seems to know until I get to the letter s or even d. Thanks in advance.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think it really depends on how correct you are while starting the word. Like for instance if for "Wednesday" you accidentally type something incorrect, then I think it takes longer into the word for the iPhone to really understand what your intentions are. However, I feel as if you start with "Wed.." then it might pick up faster. Other than that I can't really offer anything else that would help any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
i think it might have something to do with the update...after the update, a couple days later i was texting my friend and all of a sudden the autocorrect feature just randomly stopped working. i would type out "hello" but like mess up and put "hrllo" and it wouldn't do anything at all. ive seen that happen while using the internet before like in password boxes but thats it. since then its been fine though.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Thanks for the replies. Is Auto Correct the same as Predictive Text, and if not, does the iPhone have Predictive Text. I may be using the wrong words, but with previous phones, as I began typing text it would suggest the whole word before I was finished typing. The iPhone does seem to do this at times, but not as consistently as I remember. Cheers !

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Thanks for the replies. Is Auto Correct the same as Predictive Text, and if not, does the iPhone have Predictive Text. I may be using the wrong words, but with previous phones, as I began typing text it would suggest the whole word before I was finished typing. The iPhone does seem to do this at times, but not as consistently as I remember. Cheers !
Nope, auto correct is not quite the same as predictive text.

Auto correct mainly kicks in to correct misspellings (or mis-keyed entries). So if you are a good speller it might not kick in at all. Predictive text would give you options as soon as they made sense--even if you were spelling the word correctly.

Personally, I wish the iPhone had both, as auto correct seems to reward mistakes and I'd like it to reward good spelling too. ;)

--
Mike