Using upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reginaalear, Oct 26, 2011.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I'm not eligible for a upgrade so I can't get the new iPhone unless I use someone else's on my plan. The problem is my sister wants my phone and I want to use her husband's upgrade but I'm not sure how to do it since he won't be able to use the microsim in his phone and his wife wants mine. Sorry it's so confusing but is there anyway I can sell her my phone, get her a new micro sim, use his upgrade and get him a new full size sim? Or should I just wait until Feb and use my own upgrade?

2. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist
    Gold

Go to the service provider. Tell them you want to upgrade his line. Once it's done tell them which #s you want switched to each phone. My dad still has a razor. I always use his upgrade At&t is always awesome about it.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Getting new SIMs from AT&T is pretty easy. Another option is to cut a standard SIM down to micro SIM size or make or buy an adapter for the micro SIM.

4. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

+1 for the micro sim adapter. Works great!

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Be sure to go to a core AT&T store if you get a sim. Those authorized fake AT&T stores will charge $25 for a sim.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Core = corporate
    Authorized fake = franchise

I just had AT&T ship me a replacement. The SIM was free, but they charged $10 for 2 day shipping.

7. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Thanks everyone. Is it worth going from the 4 to the 4s? The main reason I want one is because I was never able to get the 4 with the flash fixed. My sister in law just got a 4 and flash looks great on hers. I traded in the one I got from preorder for a new one then they said there wasn't anything wrong with that one so I still have yellow/orange pictures.

8. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I would recommend it. I have done the 4-4S upgrade. It's like having a car that is 125BHP going to a car that has 175BHP. Not a major increase but definitely worth it with all the new bells and whistles