USPS Question?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Hi all, as you may know I bought a lifeproof from iMutter. And I'm confused about USPS. Heres the lowdown..

Im suspicious. Why on the picture of the receipt does it say it was posted on 07/09/11 and when I track it it said it was posted on 07/10/11.. Also the picture on the receipt says it was posted at 10:58 and on the tracking info it says 12:05? And on the app it also says it was accepted on the 05/17/11?

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Hi all, as you may know I bought a lifeproof from iMutter. And I'm confused about USPS. Heres the lowdown..

Im suspicious. Why on the picture of the receipt does it say it was posted on 07/09/11 and when I track it it said it was posted on 07/10/11.. Also the picture on the receipt says it was posted at 10:58 and on the tracking info it says 12:05? And on the app it also says it was accepted on the 05/17/11?

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
simple explanation: it's the US Postal Service, not the Deutsche Post.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
This is really way stupid honest I do a favor and here I get questioned Really I send the pic the minuted I walked out of the postoffice . What USPS does is completely out of my hands. By the way I did not drop the item in Louisville KY This is just so stupid. The app says PA In MAy this is where the customes form came from and that is what you are tracking! I am upset about this so you know!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
imutter, I wouldn't fret over this. Illusion was just curious about the time differences.
Obviously you paid for the shipping at the time on your receipt and it does take some time for the item to get into the system. Not like you give them a package, pay for shipping and it instantly gets handles. It sits on a shelf or in a box for a while until someone gets to it.

I guess this post was for both imutter and illusion :D

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

The answer to your first question is an easy one.... that's how the post office works!

She dropped off the package at a local branch at 10am, it sits on the shelf with the other packages until end of businesss until it is picked up and trucked to the nearest (and bigger) office that handles those types of packages. (international) When it gets to Louisville (main mail hub for the region) it gets sorted with thousands of other pieces of mail and is put on another truck to go to PA, where they put it on a plane and fly it to Ireland.

As for the May 17th thing? Knowing how backwards the government sometimes is, it doesn't surprise me a bit.

Patience is the key here. :)