uXM: XM Satellite Radio on the iPhone.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I tried to search for uXM but apparently it is too short to search for. I just noticed it on the installer this morning and put it on my phone. It didn't work at first (wouldn't allow me to log in) until I found out that it does not use your standard XM radio login information, you have to create an online listener account and that is the login information you use. It works relatively well over Edge as long as you have a strong signal in your area and I am happy I now have radio whenever I go to boring meetings or doctors appointments. If you have an XM radio account, check it out.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Doesn't get the MLB games, so its of little use to me, unfortunately. If I want music, I'll just listen to the iPod. I'll probably download it anyway just to have CNN and the like available.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Yeah I agree with JoeT. I installed it on my phone, but I don't imagine using it much at all. XM online sucks. It needs more channels - more SPORTS channels! Not even ESPN radio? Come on!

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Actually, no CNN even. Just music, mostly.

Pass.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have never used XM Radio online before so didn't realize that they limited the channels that are available. Most of the time I listen to 26 and other music channels so didn't even notice the others missing until I went to listen to some news this morning. There is one sports channel but the other Sports, news and talk channels are not included. Still a well designed program for music listening when out and about and you get bored.

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
What username and Password are you supposed to use?

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
What username and Password are you supposed to use?
Use your XM Radio Online username (email) and pass. I had to activate my account, because I have XM in my car and never listened to XM Radio Online. All you need is your Radio ID (go to channel 0 and the ID displays) to activate your XM Radio Online account. Go to xmradio.com then click Listen Online Now in top right corner, then click activate your account below the username and pass fields.

madaca

Mar 2, 2008
Finally, XM on the iPhone.....THANKs A MILLION.

I just wished it played the music even if you exit out of the program.

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just noticed this program on installer today. I can finally get XM in Hawaii! YAY!

I noticed that it's a beta and it says the app may lockup your phone or the stream may quit after 30 minutes.

It's been quite stable for me, haven't had any problems with it thus far. Has anyone experienced any lockups or streaming problems?

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Aren't they the same company now? OTT

don't be hurt! XM sucks the big one, anyway. Sirius is FAR superior with ALL sports and Howard!
Hasn't the merger just been approved? Which on will loss and which will win in the channel line up - personally Howard to me is over paid and over rated but if the punter requests.

So baseball and NFL will have one home but where's the athletics, soccer and rugby (sorry English man in New York with Welsh wife) - isn't one point of satellite radio to cover more tastes the terrestrial and to cover all the country

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The FCC approved the merger last Friday but when it goes into effect is anyones guess. I cannot find any definite information on an actual "go live" date.