V-Moda Vibe Duo: No sound / Very low sound

JaymeNYC

Nov 20, 2007
I'm not too sure what happened to my headphones.. there were fine! never moved em from where I keep them but when I plugged them in I started to have this problem. With the volume very high, music and some1 speaking on the other end is extremely low.. or I don't hear the sound at all. Do I have to send these in? :(

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
How old are they? Do they have a straight or angled connector at the jack that plugs into the iPhone? I think the older ones with the straight connector fail pretty often - my first pair crapped out on me too out of the blue and I returned them to V-Moda. They just sent me a new replacement set that now has an angled connector and hopefully these will last longer...

JaymeNYC

Nov 20, 2007
How old are they? Do they have a straight or angled connector at the jack that plugs into the iPhone? I think the older ones with the straight connector fail pretty often - my first pair crapped out on me too out of the blue and I returned them to V-Moda. They just sent me a new replacement set that now has an angled connector and hopefully these will last longer...
mine have a straight connector.. how long did it take you to get a pair back?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
mine have a straight connector.. how long did it take you to get a pair back?
A little while - V-Moda received them from me on 7/16 and I got the replacement pair on 8/21, so a little over a month. It was hard going back to the OEM iPhone headphones during that time, but it was worth it.

JaymeNYC

Nov 20, 2007
ah geez thats 2 long I have no other headphones and don't wanna pay 4 replacements..do they sell the ones with the angled connector at the Apple store? whats the failure rate like with these? Or would it be better for me to just go with some other headphones?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
ah geez thats 2 long I have no other headphones and don't wanna pay 4 replacements..do they sell the ones with the angled connector at the Apple store? whats the failure rate like with these? Or would it be better for me to just go with some other headphones?
Why would you pay for replacements? If they're still under warranty, a replacement pair would be free - mine were...

JaymeNYC

Nov 20, 2007
i know its free, and i really don't want to spend any money but I'm gunna die tomorrow without headphones..and I'm going to be moving to another state soon, so a month on return means I might not get them back. Do you know anythin about the failure rate on the new ones? Or if there are any that are better? If I do buy another pair, I will still send my other headphones in..kinda feel like 2 headphones are needed with this phone as these arent the first headphones that stopped workin 4 me.

JaymeNYC

Nov 20, 2007
Send them in, returns are free.
I plan on doing so, but I'm probably going to buy some earbuds to use while they are in the hsop do you have any suggestions? I don't want to buy anything, but from what I understand the return time is quite slow.