V moda vibe headphones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
well ive been researching these quite a bit and decided to get them. do i need the adapter for the headphone jack? For the people that own these what do you think? i read the review but i still like them, ill give them a shot and see what happens. any feedback will be great

Thanks

ps. is there any other in ear headphones that are noise canceling and are in the 100 dollar range that you guys would recommend?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
well ive been researching these quite a bit and decided to get them. do i need the adapter for the headphone jack? For the people that own these what do you think? i read the review but i still like them, ill give them a shot and see what happens. any feedback will be great

Thanks

ps. is there any other in ear headphones that are noise canceling and are in the 100 dollar range that you guys would recommend?
I don't suggest you buy those headphones because the mic button doesn't work with the iPod, i.e. push to pause, double push to skip. This makes them not worth buying IMO, especially not for $100.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
I don't suggest you buy those headphones because the mic button doesn't work with the iPod, i.e. push to pause, double push to skip. This makes them not worth buying IMO, especially not for $100.
ya i like that feature on the stock ones buy i don't ever use it, so im still not sure. anyways i would be buying it with my store credit so its not like i pay anthing and theres nothing really i want from Apple besides a nice in ear niose cancelling headphone.:sick: i cant decide

C130

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
They, V-Moda, are coming out with a newer version in October I believe that has the pause/FF/rewind feature. I emailed them about two weeks ago and the reply was it would be released by October. I have the current V-Moda Duo which only has the microphone and it does not need a special jack, it is made for the iPhone and like everything about it except the fact it doesn't pause or FF. I'd wait for the newer version. I also have the Shure SE210 with the Music Phone Adapter and both are nice, just a personal preference I believe as each have their own positives and negatives.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
They, V-Moda, are coming out with a newer version in October I believe that has the pause/FF/rewind feature. I emailed them about two weeks ago and the reply was it would be released by October. I have the current V-Moda Duo which only has the microphone and it does not need a special jack, it is made for the iPhone and like everything about it except the fact it doesn't pause or FF. I'd wait for the newer version. I also have the Shure SE210 with the Music Phone Adapter and both are nice, just a personal preference I believe as each have their own positives and negatives.
Thank you so much for letting me know that:) so know i will save my store credit until the new ones come.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
i cant see buying any headphones for 100 dollars unleast there wireless... because do u really need all those special ones noise canceller BASS etc... they just all seem the same well of course with a decent volume unlike those crap headphones they give u with the iPhone..

Sep 17, 2007
I have the Vibes

I have the standard vibes in black. You should not need an adapter to use those earbuds with your iPhone (I don't require one to listen to mine). I know they are $100 & that's steep for some folks, but they provide more bass than most anything I've seen in that $$$ range for earbuds. I had some Shure E2cs before that, and although I think Shure makes great stuff, I love the vibes the best. I have no idea about the duos, though. Here's what I have:

http://www.v-moda.com/collection/modaphones/vibe.aspx

Hope this helps.

dolo

Jun 29, 2007
NYC
For those that are confused

I have the standard vibes in black. You should not need an adapter to use those earbuds with your iPhone (I don't require one to listen to mine). I know they are $100 & that's steep for some folks, but they provide more bass than most anything I've seen in that $$$ range for earbuds. I had some Shure E2cs before that, and although I think Shure makes great stuff, I love the vibes the best. I have no idea about the duos, though. Here's what I have:

http://www.v-moda.com/collection/modaphones/vibe.aspx

Hope this helps.
At first I was confused by lek's post as I had the original v-moda headsets and they didn't fit in the iPhone.

My headsets broke, and v-moda sent me an RMA and I was off to the land of "wait a couple of weeks for us to observe, fix or replace."

I received my new headset today in the mail and it's made to fit the recessed iPhone port. These are NOT the vibe duo's with a mic - just the plain standard headset.

They were exceptionally friendly and will continue to earn my businesss.

Regards,
dolo