V1 ---> 3GS

psylichon

Genius
Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
16,591
751
113
40
Philly
#1
Just because I have a terrible memory, I'd like to take a roll call of all EIC members who held on to their V1s and are upgrading to the 3GS. I keep coming across people that I had forgotten never upgraded to the 3G.
 

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
3,105
0
38
Indiana
#4
I had planned on getting one. I just had lightning strike my house yesterday and my computer is inoperable though. No use in getting a phone if I cannot activate it. If things go well and I am up and running by then, I will still get it.
 

iksn

Member
Silver
Aug 7, 2008
717
16
18
Near Las Vegas
#7
I had planned on getting one. I just had lightning strike my house yesterday and my computer is inoperable though. No use in getting a phone if I cannot activate it. If things go well and I am up and running by then, I will still get it.
Sorry to hear about your bout with lightning. That brings back some bad memories. I used to really love a good thunderstorm when I lived in the midwest. I had a wrestling match with lightning, and although I ended up with some new electronics withing a few days, I certainly lost the first round. :mad:
 

Mike12000

Member
Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
116
0
16
Southern Illinois
#12
I have a V1 and I'm still on the fence. My phone is with Apple in CA getting a new battery under my AppleCare plan (so I have a loaner). Rumor has it I might get a 3G as a replacement. We'll see about that, I'll get OS 3.0 and take it for a test run and then it's decision time baby!

I don't know, a 32GB 3G S to hold my entire 17 GB iTunes music library is mighty tempting. Then again, 3G service isn't available in my region yet. Then again, the faster processor would probably enhance how Edge responds. Then agian, I like the fact that I'm not contractually obligated right now. And the inner dialogue continues...
 

lady_bugz22

Member
Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
484
0
16
DFW, TX
#13
I have a v1 & undecided what I want to do. My phone is still in perfect condition & not sure if I want to pay the extra $15 a month to move to 3G data plan, but the speed, better camera, MMS, & video recording sounds great!
Plus, I'm afraid next year they will come out with a whole new design that I'll like better...
 

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
3,381
7
38
#14
I have a v1 & undecided what I want to do. My phone is still in perfect condition & not sure if I want to pay the extra $15 a month to move to 3G data plan, but the speed, better camera, MMS, & video recording sounds great!
Plus, I'm afraid next year they will come out with a whole new design that I'll like better...
I am in the same boat. But my reasoning is simple: I highly doubt there will be a 4G phone by next year but it is more likely in two years. So after I served my contract then hopefully there will be a faster phone. I'm thinking next years phone will have a lot of aesthetic changes.
 

ryfone

Member
Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
272
3
18
Pacific NW
#19
After WWDC, I was all about it. But now I feel like I’m getting buyer’s remorse before even buying the dang thing. It’s hard to explain, but it’s like an addiction – I must have, I need, I want…but then I think “my v1 works perfectly well, not a scratch or dent, only 18 months old…” Then there is the additional $10 a month - $120 a year. Is it worth it? See what I have to deal with… LOL