V1 & bt

Jul 23, 2007
Did the bluetooth update in 3.0 do anything for V1 iPhones? It doesn't seem like it. Doesn't let me listen to music.

Jul 23, 2007
I would accept that "company line" if I hadn't listened to music through my bluetooth via the 'voicemail hack' that existed in 1.4 or 2.1 or something... it worked, sounded great, but was just not practical to use. So I'm not buying the 'hardware limitation' exuse, sorry. Though your likely correct as to the 'stereo' aspect.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I would accept that "company line" if I hadn't listened to music through my bluetooth via the 'voicemail hack' that existed in 1.4 or 2.1 or something... it worked, sounded great, but was just not practical to use. So I'm not buying the 'hardware limitation' exuse, sorry. Though your likely correct as to the 'stereo' aspect.
I thought you were referring to stereo bluetooth. That's what my response was for.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Stereo bluetooth is not available in the V1, I am not even sure its available in the 3g version either.

Jul 23, 2007
I thought you were referring to stereo bluetooth. That's what my response was for.
Yeah I was vague. Apologies.

I'd LOVE to just have mono music on my bt! But alas...

I'm not seeing any BT updates for V1 peeps. Apple is pushing me hard to upgrade... (or is that me...)