V1 iPhone 8GB for $465!

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Thats right, I can't believe it sold for that much! I put it on ebay yesterday, unlocked and Jailbroke 8GB it and it just got done selling for $465.

I just think that is crazy, but what do i care :laugh2:

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thats right, I can't believe it sold for that much! I put it on ebay yesterday, unlocked and Jailbroke 8GB it and it just got done selling for $465.

I just think that is crazy, but what do i care :laugh2:
You should tell them about all the problems about 3G and up the price! :p

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i jsut sold mine for $350 and was happy with that, figured i could possibly get more but i just wanted to make some cash and get the 3g already. glad to hear yours sold for so much

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Nicely done! 1.1.4 or 2.0 unlocked? I'll be putting my V1 up for sale shortly and I'm hoping 2.0 unlocked will help bring up the sale price...
well i had a HORRIBLE time downgrading to 1.1.4, but i was able to do it, message me and i can provide you a tutorial on how to do it. it probably took me about 7 hours to figure out but i finally got it. i then jailbroke and unlocked using ziPhone, removed the sim and shipped it out earlier today. as far as i know 2.0 isn't unlocked yet so 1.1.4 is a must if you want to sell it like that.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
well i had a HORRIBLE time downgrading to 1.1.4, but i was able to do it, message me and i can provide you a tutorial on how to do it. it probably took me about 7 hours to figure out but i finally got it. i then jailbroke and unlocked using ziPhone, removed the sim and shipped it out earlier today. as far as i know 2.0 isn't unlocked yet so 1.1.4 is a must if you want to sell it like that.
My phone is on 2.0 and its unlocked. Pwnage 2.0 also unlocks V1 iPhones

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Nicely done! 1.1.4 or 2.0 unlocked? I'll be putting my V1 up for sale shortly and I'm hoping 2.0 unlocked will help bring up the sale price...

As Pepe said it was a pain in the butt to downgrade but thats what I did and unlocked (hopefully) and JB'd.

It may bring up the price a little to go 2.0 unlock when it comes out but im afraid that the iPhone v1 prices could go down at anytime.

Also, not everyone is getting over $400 for their V1. It depends on the condition of your phone and how well you can use ebay....Oh, and great pics don't hurt either.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard time downgrading! I have to say this is something I probably won't try. I did upgrade my V1 to 2.0 and used the Pwnage tool on Sunday night to unlock and jailbreak it (Pwnage can unlock the V1 iPhones, but not the 3G ones yet). I'm just hoping that 2.0 on a V1 phone will be more attractive (and get more bidders) than one with 1.1.4...

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
As Pepe said it was a pain in the butt to downgrade but thats what I did and unlocked (hopefully) and JB'd.

It may bring up the price a little to go 2.0 unlock when it comes out but im afraid that the iPhone v1 prices could go down at anytime.

Also, not everyone is getting over $400 for their V1. It depends on the condition of your phone and how well you can use ebay....Oh, and great pics don't hurt either.
Then that was a great price for a V1 phone with 1.1.4! I hope 2.0 does bring up prices more, but I agree that the V1's will go down in value once the 3G's can be unlocked... :(

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Yeah do it people, sold my 16 gig for $515, an it wasn't even unlocked or jailbroken at all. Had it been, would of been over 6 bills easily.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard time downgrading! I have to say this is something I probably won't try. I did upgrade my V1 to 2.0 and used the Pwnage tool on Sunday night to unlock and jailbreak it (Pwnage can unlock the V1 iPhones, but not the 3G ones yet). I'm just hoping that 2.0 on a V1 phone will be more attractive (and get more bidders) than one with 1.1.4...
well if you decide for whatever reason to downgrade to 1.1.4 hit me up via pm and i can give you the guide that worked for me. i would think 2.0 would be much more marketable but who knows. best of luck to you.

oldschool

Jul 22, 2007
Just sold mine as a buy it now on Ebay for 350. I'm wondering if I should have made it higher. Why are they selling for so much? Thee 3g is almost to the point that it will be unlockable like the 1 gen.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
damn, woah i dind't expect that much ahha i sold my for 180 but the screen had a few cracks.. but i would buy a good almost new condition one for no more then 300-350ish... just to avoid that sutpid 2year agreement.... weak..