V1 iPhone dock mod for 3G

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Dremmel tools work very well for these types of mods, too.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
Why bother?

What does the dock do different than just plugging it into the butt?

Do you all have Apple Bluetooths?
Well with me, I hate laying my phone down, so I HAVE to have a dock to set it in. Thats what this mod takes care of, instead of laying it down and plugging it in, you can now use your old V1 dock and use it with your 3G. Better then spending 30$ on a new dock.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i imagine it would be especially useful to keep your v2's plastic back looking as nice as possible.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Right now I have the phone laying tissue paper. I think I will try this instead of blowing 30 bucks on something I already technically have in my possession.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
Right now I have the phone laying tissue paper. I think I will try this instead of blowing 30 bucks on something I already technically have in my possession.
HAHAHAHA thats funny because I have mine laying on paper towels, the very soft kind. None of that other garbage for my baby.

rmfnla

Bronze
You guys are really hard-core... that's cool.

I just lay mine down on a custom cushion made of luna moth wings, lined with Chinese silk and stuffed with baby seal fur... no big fuss here. ;)

Seriously, I just put mine on a Post-it pad while charging.

The cradle is included with my V.1 which is on ebay at this very moment. $30 for another one seems totally unnecessary.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
i would try this, but my phone says incompatible charge everytime i try to slide it in.

any ideas?

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
The only reason I ever used the dock was for using my iPhone as a reliable alarm clock when traveling. For some reason wake up calls seem to come in and I never hear them.