V1 upgrade to 2.0.1 problem (yes another one)

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
iPhone V1 OS = 2.0.1

Ok here's the deal:

Sometime last week my battery started going down hill.
I have had this phone about 8 months, upgraded to 2.0 software the day after it came out and have been operating the same the whole time.

I leave bluetooth and WIFI turned on all the time and have never had an issue with the battery. Prior to last week, i could go two days without having to recharge.

All of a sudden with NO changes to daily life, pulling the phone off the charger around 8am, around noon I have about 40% battery, by 3pm i have 10 - 15% in the red.

I also notice that the phone is hot in the back. Same heat that i experience if I am doing heavy surfing over EDGE or sometimes when watching a movie. Eg using the phone's processor hard core.

however it is the same heat w/out any use and in my pocket.

I have been adding about one or 2 app's a week since 2.0 came out. So I have about 3 pages of app's total.
The only other thing I added was the google calendar sync. I don't think that was last week, more like the week before..

Further, I updated to 2.0.1 software hoping that it would solve my battery issue. So yesterday got the latest iTunes, hooked up the iPhone and it prompted for the 2.0.1 software. I waited the 1.5 hours for a backup and then it did the install after about 10 minutes.

NOW! Same battery issue and I cant OPEN ANY OF THE APP STORE APPS. I can open default app's eg contacts, youtube, phone, etc... but the phone battery is not lasting long and it is getting warm..

Suggestions? Turn off google sync? Do a restore through iTunes?

Comments appreciated!

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
bueller? anyone?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I would do a restore and go back to basic settings. Something is obviously not right and turning all services off other then the ones that are on by default and turning them on one at a time is a good place to start. I have had battery issues with my phone (same v1 phone as you) and once I did the restore things have been mostly normal. Of course now I cannot sync my pictures, but other then that my phone appears to be functioning normal.

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Restore solved my problem.. However my "backup" was corrupt. So I lost all my settings AND pix i took with the phone itself. Apparantly the pictures folder is not synced to my desktop.

Anyone know how to look at a backup file and pull out pictures?