V2. announcment?

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
could the announcment be today at the SDK meeting?
Could jobs announce the iPhone 2?

thanks

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
that would be great! But I'm not getting my hopes up. I want to be able to order my next iPhone directly from colorware so the sooner a new iPhone comes out the better. Still it seems like jobbs isn't don with the first one yet.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Plain and simple, NO. it took them about 2 years to develop this current iPhone. I think it will be a while more before version 2. Plus, this V1 model has so much untapped power. It could really do a lot more, but we have to deal with Father Jobs and his ways.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Only if it is ready for launch. That's how Apple works. They only announce products that are finished and ready to be sold. Otherwise they would lose money because people would stop buying the current version and wait for the second version. I guess it has to do with being a company that wants to make money.

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
I really hate always being the pessimist but I really think that we'll all be incredibly disappointed with what is announced today. While I'm sure Apple will be announcing very interesting plans for the future, I really don't think today will be the huge "killer app" release that a lot of people are thinking/hoping it'll be. It's unfortunate but that's life for you.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
What do you know, version 2 was announced. And it's a software update! Plus a bunch of other great stuff. I'm the extreme opposite of disappointed.

- John

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
What do you know, version 2 was announced. And it's a software update! Plus a bunch of other great stuff. I'm the extreme opposite of disappointed.

- John
I'm only disappointed that we have to wait till June

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm only disappointed that we have to wait till June
Eh. It's three months. We've waited since October for the SDK, and we have it. We can wait three more for apps. Besides, I'm going to get started developing as soon Apple's site decides to let me download the SDK.

- John

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Eh. It's three months. We've waited since October for the SDK, and we have it. We can wait three more for apps. Besides, I'm going to get started developing as soon Apple's site decides to let me download the SDK.

- John
3 months will hopefully be close to time for iPhone 2. June/July should be interesting months.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

- John
What are you going to make?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
What are you going to make?
I'm not sure. I haven't downloaded it yet, as I just got home and developer.apple.com was down al yesterday. I might just end up playing with it and not paying the fee to sell my apps, but it would be nice. We'll see.

- John