V2 Update ruined my day.

radweld

Aug 6, 2008
Im from the UK, I bought my 16gb iPhone in the USA and unlocked it over there using Zipone, that process took a few mins and I've been happy using iPhone (Vodafone network) in the UK since then. Anyway this morning iTunes wanted to install an update and I wasn't paying attention and anyway the update was the V2 update and I was left with a phone that was locked again. This time, the ZiPhone unlocker doesn't work so I've spent the best part of the day exploring every option I can find on the net, google searches brought me here and to a few other places but safe to say, everything I have tried so far fails at home point during the unlocking.

I've Winpwn'd 3 different Firmwares I found on the net and two wont recompile, the third one generates a 1610 error in iTunes when you apply it (I've done this on my PC and my Laptop)

Libery+ puts the phone into restore mode but then just sits there (I left it for an hour) and this is exactly what ZiPhone does.

I've tried the various methods of downgrading back to 1.1.4 but every option I have tried fails. The only thing that works is my iTunes 7.7 restore back to V2

If anyone has any usefull suggestions, I would welcome them, otherwise I have a 16gb iPhone going cheap cos i've had enough of Apple.

radweld

Aug 6, 2008
Hi, Many thanks for your suggestons, I've followed these steps so many times i've lost count. I've just tried it again twice, first time gave me a 1602 and second time was a 1601.

I just can't get it to restore on mine.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
any luck? what happened?

radweld

Aug 6, 2008
any luck? what happened?
Yep, sorry for not reporting back. The newer version of Winpwn 2.0.0.4 was able to build the hacked firmware and allow me to unlock and jail brake the phone.

Next time Apple tried to update my phone, I Ignored the update lol.

Cheers.:laugh2:

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
well that was a relief to hear that

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
this firmware sux anyway. This phone needs as many reboots as the ipaq did. This really sux. BOOOO Apple you blow for screwing this up like this.