Vaja Case and Invis. Shield?

anodized

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
I'm looking at Vaja cases but I also want an invisible shield. Does anyone use both? If the phone is difficult to remove from the holster, maybe I should only use the invisible shield on the face of the phone and not the body. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
I have a grip and I have e-grips applied to the back of my 'phone. The iPhone still fits the grip perfectly. I would bet the egrip is thicker than the shield.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's a tight fit, but you can use both together.
I actually prefer it as using the bare phone in the case by itself can lead to problems if you are going to wear it on your belt/hip.
Check out my vids in this thread.

Again, I am not saying that the Vajacase is bad, just that there is a slight design problem which I doubt can be addressed without making significant changes to the design. I think I am the only person to have noticed this problem so far. It was a freak accident that I hooked my phone (in the vaja case) on a door handle/push plate and had it pop out and hit the pavement.

Last edited by a moderator:

anodized

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
So maybe just the face shield would be a good idea. Meh, I already ordered the full body shield. I'll try it out I guess. Thanks to all three of you for replying. Oh I'll check those vids out. You don't hurt an iPhone do you? I dunno if I would be able to watch that...

Edit: Yikes. Good thing I'm not getting it with the belt clip. That'd really piss me off! That's a serious design flaw..

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
I would also email them in advance and ask for pictures of a completed case (front and back).

Something that is considered a craftsman's product should not:

1. Show the shape of the hard mold through the leather unless it is part of the design. Part of the design means that you can see it in the photos on their website.

2. Have an emblem where the hooks into the leather can be seen from the side.

3. have leather inset work that is uneven side to side.

They use prototype pictures on their site but that does not mean that's exactly what you will get in all cases. They admitted this to me.

Anyway I would hate for anyone to wait 50 days (what I waited) only to be disappointed.