Vaja ivolution flip - protection issues?

Marximus

Aug 13, 2009
Just got the 3Gs and can't believe how I lived without this phone before! I can't go a few minutes without a hit of my iCrack :). Anyway, I have been looking at the Limited edition ivolution (black and red) flip and had a question for anyone that has used them. Has anyone had any issues with the lack of coverage in the camera corner? I've been also looking at SGPs illuzion version that has full coverage for the back but really want an excuse to get the Vaja. My overly anal protective tendancies keep twitching when I see the exposed corner of the iPhone peaking out of the Vaja case.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I use this case and I have dropped my phone twice on concrete surfaces. Both times it fell flat with not a single nick to the corners.
Of course you will still have to be a bit careful about the exposed area if you keep it in your pocket. I never had a a problem with nicks popping up in the exposed areas.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I personally do not recommend VAJA cases. they do not protect the top corners, and for the money you spend on them and how long you have to wait for them, they should come with a free stripper.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
lol stripper. Well Hawk..other cases leave the screen exposed so what is the difference really. I know they are expensive but It really is preference isn't it. Also the basic case can be found at a couple of other vendors..and arrives in a matter of days.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
if they were magnetic i would already have one just don tlike the hook clip thing.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I am very happy with mine.

- It covers the screen
- When open, you have full access to the screen edges
- It keeps the profile of the phone pretty slim
- It looks cool

It would be nice if the corners were covered better, but the cases I tried that had the corners covered better, I found that I took the phone out all the time which kind of defeats the purpose (because then it's not protected at all).

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I like the way VAJA cases look, but I will always recommend against them. They are too expensive, and they do not protect the most common place the phone will hit if dropped - the corners. I went to a incase slider and never looked back. Probably the best investment I have made towards protecting my iPhone, short of insurance.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I purchased the black/red limited ed Vaja case last month & only used it a couple of days; I went back to using my Speck candyshell.

I recently purchased the Monochrome Incase slider & currently using it.