Verizon Ad

ksennette

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oakland, Calif.
I like to use the drop down menu on the home screen at eic. Placement of the verizon ad prevents me from using that menu. I'm not asking you to remove it just place it where it won't block the menu. Not a big deal, but would be appreciated. Thanks

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I like to use the drop down menu on the home screen at eic. Placement of the verizon ad prevents me from using that menu. I'm not asking you to remove it just place it where it won't block the menu. Not a big deal, but would be appreciated. Thanks
I've noticed this too and it's only started happening recently...as in yesterday. The drop down under "Quick Links" goes behind the Verizon ad initially rendering the links underneath the ad useless.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've contacted my ad rep and will have the problem resolved today.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
As a workaround, right click on the drop down and open in a new tab or window. This works to get to the advanced search.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I am quite happy that Safari AdBlock is a possibility. After downloading it I haven't seen an ad on any site. I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn't have it already (that is running Safari of course).

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I am quite happy that Safari AdBlock is a possibility. After downloading it I haven't seen an ad on any site. I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn't have it already (that is running Safari of course).
I concur. People say ad blockers don't block pop-ups, but Safari AdBlocker removes everything.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Ad-Blocker for Internet Explorer

I concur. People say ad blockers don't block pop-ups, but Safari AdBlocker removes everything.
Lincoln and I discussed this briefly yesterday. Since he is using Safari, the ad-blocker feature works for him, but not for Internet Explorer users--at least that's what I thought. I have since found an ad-blocker for IE (along with other tools for IE) in a free product called, IE7Pro...check it out.

I no longer see the Verizon add at the top of every page. Not only does it remove it, there is no blank void where it used to be. Everything on the page moved up nice and neat.