Verizon and subsidizing

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by CASEACE79, Oct 26, 2017.

1. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I really don’t like any of the “iPhone Every Year” plans. I’ve always purchased my iphone subsidized and sold my 1yr old model to recoup the cost. Last year it took some digging to find that you could buy it subsidized. I fear this pricing model isn’t going to happen this year. Can anyone confirm or deny if Verizon is or isn’t subsidizing iPhones this year? Much appreciated as I don’t like surprises during preorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Guess everyone else is as clueless as me. I called Verizon customer service and after talking to an associate and mgr. nobody could tell me 100% if they were offering subsidized iPhones this year. Best I got out of talking to both of them is that they don’t offer subsidies on new contracts. The girl said I wouldn’t be able to get it subsidized as they don’t offer it anymore. The mgr however assured me that I would be able to order it subsidized just like years past. So basically it’s gonna be a crapshoot.

3. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Well after about 3 hrs on the phone with 4 different people I’m 100% certain Verizon will not be offering a subsidized iPhone this year. Verizon was the last company to offer subsidization, but killed it off as of 1/3/17 Guess I’m forced to go the iPhone installment plan. Yuk!