Verizon app adds widget for tracking data

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Guess I need to call Verizon and ask why I don't get offered 6 gb. They gave me one promotional gb to go with the 4 gb the plan carries. But that one is just for 1 year. And I have 4 lines. They're cheating me.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Are you on a loyalty plan? I've been with Verizon for 5 years and on the same plan for a year.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Called Verizon and they gave me the 6 gb deal. I could have got 8 gb for the same price I've been paying. But with 6 gb, my monthly bill will go down $10 a month. We won't need more than 6. My 27 year old son is the only one who uses a lot.
With one more day in the billing cycle:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418337414.420730.jpg

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Called Verizon and they gave me the 6 gb deal. I could have got 8 gb for the same price I've been paying. But with 6 gb, my monthly bill will go down $10 a month. We won't need more than 6. My 27 year old son is the only one who uses a lot.
With one more day in the billing cycle:
View attachment 40207

A simple phone call is usually what it takes.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
6GB was generous but now I have 8GB when I check the data usage tracker... I don't really need this much but I'll take it.

View attachment 40208
Better check the price. I was offered 8 gb for what I had been paying, which was $70 for 4 shared gb. I chose 6 gb for $10 less at $60. Had I stayed at 4 gb, it would've been $50. So my bill should be $238, rather than $248. And I get 2 additional gb.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Out of curiosity, why did you start a new thread just for this widget? I had already posted about it in the "What Widgets Do You Have" thread and you "liked" it. That was on the 8th. Then you start this thread on the 9th. I have no problem with it, but it did arouse my curiosity.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Out of curiosity, why did you start a new thread just for this widget? I had already posted about it in the "What Widgets Do You Have" thread and you "liked" it. That was on the 8th. Then you start this thread on the 9th. I have no problem with it, but it did arouse my curiosity.

I started a new thread because I just recently saw your thread on this widget. If there was a way to delete threads, I would have removed it.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Better check the price. I was offered 8 gb for what I had been paying, which was $70 for 4 shared gb. I chose 6 gb for $10 less at $60. Had I stayed at 4 gb, it would've been $50. So my bill should be $238, rather than $248. And I get 2 additional gb.

I'm going to give Verizon a call and make sure my bill is the same. I didn't ask them to bump me up to 8GB.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
What they say?

I didn't get around to calling Verizon yesterday but I just got off the phone with one of the customer service reps who informed me that I'm still on the 6GB plan. The widget was showing a total of 8GB because I have another 2 GB in promotional data. I asked him if there was a way to lower my monthly bill as I currently pay about $150. He said that part of the problem is that I've got an iPhone and there is a $40 access fee with any smartphone. I told him that I understand and do not want to depart with the iPhone but if there was anything else he would be able to do to lower my bill. He saw on a previous bill that I had data overage and could have avoided any additional charges if my plan was switched over earlier in the billing cycle and so he fixed it and issued a $15 credit. After we were all done, he estimated my bill for future months to be about $132.98 with taxes. I think this is high for a cell phone bill but I believe that he did everything that he was able to. The other part I might mention is that I'm locked into a two year edge agreement and so I also pay $37 for my monthly payments. He suggested if I want to lower my bill, one way to do it is to put money away in a savings account and once my edge balance is down to a reasonable amount, pay it off and my bill will drop to about $85.57/month.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I didn't get around to calling Verizon yesterday but I just got off the phone with one of the customer service reps who informed me that I'm still on the 6GB plan. The widget was showing a total of 8GB because I have another 2 GB in promotional data. I asked him if there was a way to lower my monthly bill as I currently pay about $150. He said that part of the problem is that I've got an iPhone and there is a $40 access fee with any smartphone. I told him that I understand and do not want to depart with the iPhone but if there was anything else he would be able to do to lower my bill. He saw on a previous bill that I had data overage and could have avoided any additional charges if my plan was switched over earlier in the billing cycle and so he fixed it and issued a $15 credit. After we were all done, he estimated my bill for future months to be about $132.98 with taxes. I think this is high for a cell phone bill but I believe that he did everything that he was able to. The other part I might mention is that I'm locked into a two year edge agreement and so I also pay $37 for my monthly payments. He suggested if I want to lower my bill, one way to do it is to put money away in a savings account and once my edge balance is down to a reasonable amount, pay it off and my bill will drop to about $85.57/month.
My bill is quite a bit less than that, but I have a 24% monthly plan AT&T FAN discount through my employer and only have 3 GB of data. It doesn't discount my Next hardware charge, but it discounts the phone, messaging, and data plan portion of the bill by 24% (everything except taxes, fees and hardware). You work for Best Buy, right? I think they offer an employee discount on cell phone plans with all of the major carriers. Have you checked into this?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Mines the same. It shows 7 gb rather than 6, due to the 1 gb promo I already had.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418575471.625298.jpg