Verizon iPhone 4, texting with WiFi

Apr 22, 2011
Ok, so I have a Verizon iPhone 4, I would prefer NOT to jailbreak it. My husband JB his and has had NOTHING but problems since he did. I just moved to a very SMALL town in the middle of "no reception" Missouri and I would LIKE to still use my phone at least to text while I'm home. My mom uses att, and has a minicell, but we can't attach my phone bcuz of diff providers. So I'm stuck with a phone I can't use. I'm not worried about calls...I HATE talking on the phone, and I have a phone that is JUST for that. Is there an app out there that will let me text WITH MY NUMBER (not some random number or some login name or something I can only use if my friends also download...) using my moms wifi connection? My husband says he found apps on Cydia that do...but like I say, I'm insanely hesitant about JB'ing my phone since his had an uber amt of issues after he did it...

Phil DeLong

Bronze
Jan 16, 2011
IN
I'm not aware of one that will let you use your own number unfortunately, I've looked for something similar. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will come about that can help more though.

Apr 22, 2011
Lol, well I'm still looking and I'll letcha know if I manage to find one. I just hate making my friends remember 3 numbers and which ones work when. It sucks! Lol.

Phil DeLong

Bronze
Jan 16, 2011
IN
I totally agree. I was mostly looking for one that would offer me more customization but all of the non jailbreak ones seem to require the messages go through some sort of third party identification code/number.

dickdaney

Jan 2, 2010
No apps I can think of, but Verizon makes sells microcells too. They just don't advertise them. Try picking one of those up.