Verizon iPhone 5 showing incorrect time?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by jetson22, Oct 9, 2012.

1. jetson22

jetson22 Member
    Bronze

I have a new iPhone 5 and on the Verizon network. The time randomly changes and is incorrect more than correct. There is no set amount that it is off , 2 hrs, 11:36 etc. Called Verizon and they sent me to Apple. So last Friday I did the appointment thing and they did a complete restore. It worked great until I walked out of the mall then wrong time a gain. I went back to Apple last night and they gave me a new phone. Then this morning I woke up (late for work) the clock was wrong again thus affecting the alarm. Just called local Verizon and they said sorry but would have to live with it. WTH?

2. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Trying using manual time. Go into settings>general>date & time & turn off auto set.

3. jetson22

jetson22 Member
    Bronze

I was on the phone with Verizon this moring for an hour. Tried removing clocks, manual set etc and only corrects for a little while. So they had me do another hard reset, again worked great for about an hour.

4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Curious, are you using WIFI? I bet the antenna is simply connecting to a tower that is simply 'off'. You're not close to a different time zone, are you?

5. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Try turning off location services for setting the time zone. Settings/Privacy/Location Services/System Services [at the bottom]\Setting Time Zone. This also saves battery.