Verizon iPhone 5 to AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by SweepeR, Nov 8, 2013.

1. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

So after spending 4 months with Verizon to fix my phone of not receiving calls but receiving VMs or not getting texts but my laptop getting them they have allowed me to leave without a fee.

Now I don't want to lock into ATT because then I can't get the iP6 next year due to no upgrade and two i don't want to spend money on another phone as my phone is new.

I have read that the iP5 can be used with AT&T as a prepaid phone but if I use it as a postpay then it will not have any LTE capabilities. Is this true?

Also, anyway to use the phone with LTE with a regular billing cycle of post pay?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I tested and verified this last year: A Verizon iPhone 5 will work on AT&T, but it won't work on AT&T's LTE network, so it's 4G HPSP+ and below. That is because it lacks the hardware (to access the correct radio bands) for AT&T's LTE network. That being said, it's possible the bands may have changed since last year and it might now work on AT&T LTE. Just put an AT&T sim in it to test it. If you don't know anyone on AT&T, take it to an AT&T store.

3. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

Do you know why the phone wouldn't work on postpay but only prepaid?

Also, I was going to do that last night, put my friends SIM but would it affect anything on m phone? like contacts messages or anything? and how would I do it so my phone reads the ATT SIM instead of the verizon network?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It depends on the type of account. I would test your friend's SIM to see if the phone can access AT&T LTE. It won't affect anything on your or your friend's account. I move my SIM to a different phone occasionally. It's fine.

5. maanstyle

maanstyle Guest

I have network problem there is lot of disturbance create when calling i m using r sim in iPhone 5 us sprint..

Maanstyle

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

They have Sprint in Punjab? Banned.

7. inder maan

inder maan New Member

Any solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk